What's new

What about these buttons?

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
323
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have these buttons I took in a trade for some nintendo games how new are they?

Sorry these are so dark got in a hurry. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0151.webp
    DSCN0151.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCN0152.webp
    DSCN0152.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 409
Pictures are OK but I cant tell, is there any solder on the back loops?

I found the Culver Military Academy.button culver military academy.webp
 
Upvote 0
the lyre (harp)button is from a us army marching band uniform
 

Attachments

  • band3silverplbuttons1.webp
    band3silverplbuttons1.webp
    9 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
I am not up on CW buttons and maybe I shouldnt comment but my gut feeling is reproduction. Superior Quality is a generic backmark. These CSA buttons were also made in the late 1800's for reunions. http://cgi.ebay.com/CIVIL-WAR-CONFE...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f0c62ab5. Some of the more experienced members will be along shortly.

Here is the back of a known CW button posted by Jeep to compare. The lettering font on your buttons look 20th century.
 

Attachments

  • button CW superior quality.webp
    button CW superior quality.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 572
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I agree, I think they are reproductions
 
Upvote 0
All the buttons are early to mid 1900's. The CSA is not civil war but I'm not sure if it is a repro or a restrike for the veterans. If it is a repro it was probably made in the 1960's for the centennial. It is not a recent repro as it is too well made.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Pictures are OK but I cant tell, is there any solder on the back loops?

I found the Culver Military Academy.
Good morning Big C,,, was gone for the week end,,,, These are soldered backs and then plated is looks like. They are all brass. There is a Culver in the waterbury co. inventory also.
 
Upvote 0
Soldered backs is a good sign that they are old but I just dont know...
 
Upvote 0
Culver Military Academy about 40 miles south of South Bend Indiana. Culver Indiana where some notable people have gone to school. Like George Steinbrenner. If he is notable :laughing7: :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom