What amount of PMs do you send to a Refiner?

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What amount of PM's do you send to a Refiner?

I just usually send it in when I think I have at least $1000 worth or more... But this time I just told them to take their 2% and send back the pure gold... My estimate (k marks are not always exact) is that I should get back close to 1.5 Troy oz. of .999 pure... Going to hold it for awhile, well, actually giving it to my wife for her b-day present on the 31st....
But sadly, my gold box is now empty except for the honker 14k with ice men's ring I found a while back... Too nice to melt, and my nicest men's ring to date, so holding on to it for awhile... ;-)

ANJ245

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
Garnett, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Whites XLT, Fisher CZ21, Fisher CZ20, Fisher Gold Bug

I am about to send some gold. This will be the first time that I have ever done anything like this. I was hoping that I had enough to fool with. I plan on sending approximately 150 grams.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Most people send us at least an ounce. less than that really is not worth processing as a lot so its just purchased after testing, But at a slightly lower rate.
On average its 3 to 10 oz lots. some of our bigger clients pawn shops and mines do 5 to 20 oz at a time. some of the small mines can pull up to 15 oz of raw placer a day. usually yields about 11.5 to 12 oz of fine per batch.

Silver lots I have had people send as little as 3 oz and as many as 4000, just depends.

www.prospectorsgoldandgems.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread