Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,954
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
By numbers I mean the most of anything you've found on a single day and that hunt will always stick in your mind as be great.
The ones that stick out for me are....
-28 Large coppers (1830 was the newest)
-5 early military buttons (Were Rev War)
-180 Enfield bullets
I don't think I'll beat my copper count, and know I won't find more Enfields, but I do believe some day I will hit a site and find more than 5 early military buttons... and I can't wait to post it!
The ones that stick out for me are....
-28 Large coppers (1830 was the newest)
-5 early military buttons (Were Rev War)
-180 Enfield bullets
I don't think I'll beat my copper count, and know I won't find more Enfields, but I do believe some day I will hit a site and find more than 5 early military buttons... and I can't wait to post it!
Attachments
Upvote
0


But will say that the day I come across that many coppers in one spot whether it is a ploughed field or not.It will be when I'm done with it!
Might even think it was a copper mine!
I know that in the "good old days" I occasionally found eight or ten large coppers in a day, but that was about tops. For silver though I never counted, but I know that on one occasion where I turned over every 1930's concrete picnic table top and bench that had collapsed at the old 'Forrest Park" I filled both pants pockets with silver so heavy it was hard to keep my pants up. On another occasion early on in detecting I was first to our elementary school's sledding hill, and I filled my pockets again with silver finds from the last "bump" where we'd all wipe out as children.
there were 16 hammered altogether, but some were well battered so I never pictured them with the rest







