What's new

What are the chances??

Quin

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2015
Messages
584
Reaction score
611
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're low.

I recently picked up a box of pennies and was looking through the rolls for enders. I do this to get a rough idea of what I can expect from a box so that I can decide what kind of video to use it in. I didn't see anything unusual until the last ten rolls. When I saw this ender, I couldn't believe it...

IMG_5922.webp

Chances of finding an Indian Head Penny in a box: roughly 1 in 100
Chances of finding it on the end of a roll in that box: 1 in 25
Overall, the estimated likelihood of this happening is 1 in 2500, or 0.04%. This is no doubt a once in a lifetime find!

I decided to open this box with my brother in a competition coin roll hunt. He knows more about coins and grading than I do, so I thought it would be good to have him there to provide some information on the coin's condition. I also figured it would be a pretty good box, despite this being the only ender.

The rest of the box was pretty good. No more Indians popped up, but there were some decent finds. We filmed the unwrapping, date reveal, and the rest of the box as we went through it. Check it out below if you're interested. Thanks for watching and happy hunting!

 
Upvote 0
I’m fond of sending IH culls into the wild, and have spent dozens, mostly ones that I’ve metal detected.
 
I’m fond of sending IH culls into the wild, and have spent dozens, mostly ones that I’ve metal detected.

OMG FFD! YOU SPEND ANCIENT INDIAN HEAD CENTS?? WHAT?? THAT'S CRAZY! NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE FINDING THESE ANCIENT COINS IN CIRCULATION!!!! WOW JULIUS CAESAR COULD'VE HELD THESE COINS! OMG WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!?!?!?!!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom