What are the odds?

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this didn't happen to me I wouldn't believe it. I'm walking along the sidewalk by a shopping plaza near my house and I see some coins on the sidewalk. A 1967 quarter, a Chuck-e-Cheese token and a 1968 Kennedy Half Dollar! I have only been CRH for a little over a month and I find a silver half on the sidewalk of all places. I have never found any type of half in my life, let alone a silver one. What makes this a type of Twilight Zone-episode for me is the fact that my sons summer camp had a trip to Chuck-e-Cheese today!

The rest of my day was interesting as well when my bank screwed up my half box order AGAIN leaving me without any halves to open. That prompted me to do a road trip. I called a bank a few miles from my house and they say they have $300 in halves. I'm excited with the possibilities since this is the largest amount I have discovered on a road trip and drive right over. I also ask for large dollars and am surprised when a nearby teller says she has some. She comes over with two rolls (picture below) and I'm really excited about the possibilities for the halves as well as the dollars.

The first teller comes out with the halves in a box and I am immediately thinking I got someone's dumps since they were in a $500 Half carton. I open the rolls and confirm my suspicions, no silver! I did find 19 NIFC halves that will come in handy when I get my Kennedy collector books in the mail tomorrow. To top off the day, the dollar rolls contain all clad Ikes and I was shorted two Ikes in the second roll. One of the weirdest days I have had in a long time!

Attachments

• 333411498.922818.jpg
    333411498.922818.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 333411549.439703.jpg
    333411549.439703.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
"The suspect is about 9 years old, medium build, coins falling out of pockets.....

Last seen heading toward Chucky-e-Cheese, Roger...."

Good one Piledriver :laughing9: it's pretty sweet that you found the silver, but that is creepy how your son went to chuckee cheese today. :tard:

p.s. I love twilight zones ;D

WOW! you took "road tripping" to a whole new level! you could just drive around and look on the sidewalks for discarded silver coins :laughing9: keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back