What's new

What are these?, and other finds...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,946
Reaction score
19,958
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These 2 pieces got me puzzled...the green glass piece, thought it was a brooch, but the back looks like a broken button?
image.webpimage.webp
The next one got me scratching my head too...ornate decoration, on what looks like a hook, or hanger, but for what?
image.webp

The permission today from a house built in 1910, the biggest property I've ever hunted, and I only cherry picked the best targets...open for me to go back anytime, sweet!

Among other finds, 3 silvers, :headbang:couldn't find a Rosie for my first trifecta, but that's ok...
The buckle looks like it has a life ring design...my first bathing suit buckle? Cool! Also a mini notebook, looks to be pretty hold, a creepy horse head, and a military cuff button, I think prolly WW2, maybe older...
image.webp
image.webp

Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 22
Could first item be a reflector from a sign like this oneuploadfromtaptalk1459640112861.webp

That's a nice hunt
HH, Relic Nut
 
Is that picture on the left the back of what you thought was a broach? I posted this a while back, and was told a reflector for signs. Nice finds!:thumbsup:DSCF0704.webp
 
Better pics...
image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Could also be a reflector from a bicycle.
 
I found something similar a while back but believe mine to be an old electrical insulator of some type?IMG_0811.webp
 
WTG BWD. :thumbsup: Isn't it amazing, the targets we dig, and the questions they pose. Three more silvers for the season totals plus a bunch or cool relics.
 
I am of the belief that the green glass piece was a button from a fancy woman's coat.. Seems to be too ornate and simple to be of a mechanical use...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom