What's new

What are these coins made out of??

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
8,006
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Location: Undisclosed
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

My coin dealer got some world coins in so I wanted to buy some silver ones. ;D He said these are made of silver but I'm not 100% sure I was wondering if any of you could find out or knew what they are made of. :icon_scratch: Maybe someone has some more information on them if you have a world book or something. I looked all over the internet can't seem to find what they are. ???

Here are the pictures !

Keep @ it and HH!!
 

Attachments

  • coinguy1 001.webp
    coinguy1 001.webp
    51 KB · Views: 336
  • coinguy1 003.webp
    coinguy1 003.webp
    63 KB · Views: 329
  • coinguy1 005.webp
    coinguy1 005.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 325
  • coinguy1 004.webp
    coinguy1 004.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 329
I believe that the 1957 Portuguese escudo is copper-nickel.

The 1940 British shilling is 50% silver.
 
Upvote 0
checked my world coin book --pbk is 100% correct on both coins .
 
Upvote 0
Hello, :D

Thanks a lot guys two people confirms it. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I'd be going back and have a word with your coin dealer - hope he didn't charge much
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom