24.6 KB · Views: 625
  • ###index.jpg
    ###index.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 620

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It appears to be a moulded skull of some sort with a christian cross on the forehead. Don't know what to say about it, don't think I want to know.

Upvote 0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If I've got the scale right, the skull is about 1/2" to 1" in diameter (according to the key). Your detector picked this item up at over 59"??? Holy cow man, either your detector is atomic powered, or that piece of whatever it is acts almost like a transmitter. Might want to wear some aluminum foil underwear when you handle it.

I'm not sure I've ever dug a hole that deep following a signal. My hat is off to you.

Daryl

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are really finding some interesting items. Whats your location? That item must be early Christian. But we are unclear to the depth it was found. Was it dug or detected?
DG

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
dg39 said:
You are really finding some interesting items. Whats your location? That item must be early Christian. But we are unclear to the depth it was found. Was it dug or detected?
DG

Turkey from what he insinuated in another thread, and Jeff responded by welcoming him and saying he was the first member from Turkey. I think it was his first thread, look in his profile if you want.

Upvote 0

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
DG, It kind of looks like your avatar

1.5 meters down? above the rocks? I think something is lost in the translation.

Strange item

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some kind of ceremonial kit. If you are really detecting in Turkey, be careful, they will put you in jail!!! To detect around Istanbuhl is my dream hunt. HH, Mike

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Looks like some kind of ceremonial kit. If you are really detecting in Turkey, be careful, they will put you in jail!!! To detect around Istanbuhl is my dream hunt. HH, Mike

You are right I have been there and they dont play around.
DG

Upvote 0

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blacksea28 ,
I am sorry to not be helpful in identifying your find but I am interested in how you found it.
I agree with BioProfessor, that is phenomenal depth for such a small object. I would like to know if you are using a "Deepers" detector (from Mexico) or what.
Their web page, if anyone is interested is, http://www.metaldetection.net/english/Club-Latincom.htm
Your profile doesn't say anything about the equipment you are using.
Waiting on your reply.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread