Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Something appears to have bitten me on the leg in 4 places. Each one left a red rosie about size of dime or penny. Two of the bites have almost healed. The lower leg bite is very painful with a underlying cyst or puss about the size of a golf ball. I can see what appears to be a puncture in the center of each rosie. I also have a mild temperature of just under 100. I dont remember feeling anything but it may have happened in my sleep. Could these be a spider bites or what?

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 8,829
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,723

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bro,

Go to the Doc and have it checked out......put some kind of triple antibiotic cream on it for now...

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Yikes! I could have went all day and not seen that... and been just fine!

Cy! I'd have it checked... after traveling the world I know that most bites are no-biggie. But dang some spiders can screw you up bad!

Ooooffff.... good luck.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Get to a doctor right away, don't wait. Pus and pain associated with a bite is not a good sign, obviously.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys. Im tempted to stick a pin in it. I thought I was through with doctors for a while, but it is getting worse and keeping me awake. I wish I saw the bug that did it. I dont know what happened, but I was kneeling in the grass.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm no doctor, but if I were you, I'd make myself an appointment, or drive to the ER. Here's why:

http://cryptome.org/spider-bite.htm

Also, those things are pretty small...check it out:

Attachments

• brown-recluse-spider-1.jpg
    brown-recluse-spider-1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,591

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Don't delay, go to the doc and have it checked. A friend had been bitten by a spider and as a result of not going to the doc created serious problems.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Ouch

It didn't make you spill your curds and whey did it? :D

I hate when that happens. 8)

Get better.

Burt

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sure looks like a spider bite. i agree go get it looked at, if for nothing else to keep it from getting infected.

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
my 9 year old niece last summer woke up with one on her cheek,face :D anyways it started off really hard but being a kid she wouldnt let it alone no matter how much we all grumbled and cleaned it ,she ended up with an infection ,now not a major outbreak,but an annoyance..she was given antibiotics and it was confirmed a spider bit. They itch like heck-take forever to disappear,and I prolly would stick a pin in it,but thats stupid me,dont do it.. oh and not to long ago her older sister walked into one in the yard,or it landed on her..it got her right on the side of her nose,in the crease.. it drove her crazy..but she left it be..I teased her some ::) said it looked like her first boil errrr pimple..lol.. took like 2 weeks til it totally went away.. they get really hard like a cyst.. dang things.. If it gets to itchy(before you scratch it open) dap rubbing alchol on it with cotton..

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
I'm tempted to stick a pin in it. I thought I was through with doctors for a while, but it is getting worse and keeping me awake. I wish I saw the bug that did it. I dont know what happened, but I was kneeling in the grass.

Don't even attempt to stick a pin in it!!! Get to the doctor ASAP! This sort of looks like what my husband had on his elbow. After 2 days, he decided to go to the doctor and come to find out it was staph infection...I'm not going into details but it was bad.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go to The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go to The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go to The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go to The Doctor
Go To The Doctor
Go To The Doctor

Repeat as necessary

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I second Gypsy's motion.....and everyone else's from the looks of it....go get it checked! Some spider bites can be very serious!

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Medical advice on T-net? Marc's gonna need to start a new board LOL. Go to the Doc. bigc, you don't want to wake up dead. Good luck, I hope it's nothing.

kenb

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
River Rat said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I'm tempted to stick a pin in it. I thought I was through with doctors for a while, but it is getting worse and keeping me awake. I wish I saw the bug that did it. I dont know what happened, but I was kneeling in the grass.

Don't even attempt to stick a pin in it!!! Get to the doctor ASAP! This sort of looks like what my husband had on his elbow. After 2 days, he decided to go to the doctor and come to find out it was staph infection...I'm not going into details but it was bad.
I wish you hadnt told me, but Im glad you did...what are friends for? ;Dthanks. It may not be a bite at all. It appears to fit as a staph infection boil, or Cellulitus...red spot, hard painful boil, fever in early stages,..etc. I should be glad its not on my face. ::) I have some anti-biotics and started taking them and it seems to have stabilized but no real improvement yet. It seems if something bit me this hard, I would have awakened no matter how drunk. ;) :D

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
What Gypsy said.
What Gypsy said.
What Gypsy said.
What Gypsy said.
and show us an I'm all right now picture. Please.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
BigCypress,

Take it from a fella who does not like doctor's either. I finally went and now I'm in trouble with the doctor and my wife. Two women mad at me is two too many.

The first thing that popped into my mind was brown recluse spider bite. Not saying that it is one, but the first thing. River Rat brought up another great option as well, a staph infection.

I do like the idea of the rubbing alcohol, but that is more for an infection as it will help kill the bacteria. Either way, please go see a doctor. Brown recluse spider bites can get real nasty real quick.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A few years ago, I would never have gone to the doctor over this, but with no improvement, and not knowing whats up, I may have to go today. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions