What brand is this?

280shooter

Greenie
Jul 17, 2010
Hi,
I just recently started prospecting a bit. I picked up this sluice at a garage sale this morning and was wonder what brand it is and if anyone has any experience with this one. Thanks - Denny
Sluice.jpg

S7300043.jpg

Sluice1.jpg

don't know that one .... but looks good :thumbsup: should work well ,drop riffle is the way to go.

I wasn't sure. The only one I have seen working was a Keene. I didn't know if carpets/moss were necessary or not. The price was reasonable so I figured I would give it a try.

drop angle can be a good setup,less crap,less cons, less to tote home. getting it set up right is the key .look it up on you tube to get the right flow,angle etc.... when you get it going good ,they work excellent .

?? : don't know: local yokel but looks VERY interesting to me-run and show me the GOLD please-and make sure to screen to 1/4" minus with that one -tons a au 2 u 2-John

I don't know either, probably some kind of prototype that never went to full production. It looks like it would be really effective, especially for cleanups of cons. Is it entirely made out of rubber?

I seen a picture of this sluice a few years back in a very old portable dredge, but I don't recall what the name of the company/dredge was.

It should do well.

Skip

i would like to have one like that .

It seemed to work fairly well once I got it situated just right. My butts dragging, so I won't pan the cons until tomorrow. It is all hard rubber. Fairly heavy actually. I may adapt a flare to it.

that mercury is loaded .... make sure to keep all mercury ,and gold with mercury separate from your clean gold. it will get all over your clean stuff.keep it in glass with a good cap,in a cool place. there is a good bit in that ball of mercury. you done pretty good,keep it up ! :thumbsup:

280shooter said:
Is finding mercury pretty common?

Depending on the past mining actively in your area YES if it was mined heavily you can find mercury almost everytime you go, just be sure to keep it separate from the other gold and tightly sealed in a vial with water until you get a fair amount of mercury laden gold and then ask/learn how to separate the gold from the mercury safely and also recovering the mercury.

How big is that ball of mercury?

Depending on the size of that ball of mercury, you could have as much gold in it as you do in the picture of gold in the pan.

Skip

It's about the size of a match head or so. I got it up near a tailing pile from the early 1900's or so. I saw a couple of 1 or 2 shovel test holes but no evidence that the area has been worked with any intensity for many years.

Thousands and thousands of pounds of merc were lost in the old days so as said where there was any past mining(early)there will be merc.I have hit pockets where the whole crevice will be silver....as said always loaded! :thumbsup:

After some trial and error and frustration, we figured out how it likes to run. It took us a bit to figure out that most of the drop was built in. After we started running it shallower and more level across the top, we had very good results.
S7300202.jpg

sweet :icon_thumleft: whatever brand it is i liker it....so many traps lots of tiny stuff so its catchin it.how far down did you classify?

Somewhere between 1/4 and 3/8. I just grabbed a bit that looked about right and started drilling the bucket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back