What's new

What bug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
This big bug has a face with huge eyes and resembles some kind of moth or something but I've never seen one like this before. It was out in the field I hunt for artifacts in. Anyone know what it is? And do they bite? And when I say huge, I mean it's body was nearly three inches long
 

Attachments

  • IMG00560-20110608-1934.webp
    IMG00560-20110608-1934.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG00564-20110608-1935.webp
    IMG00564-20110608-1935.webp
    67 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG00566-20110608-1936.webp
    IMG00566-20110608-1936.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 378
I think Bramblefield hit it with Hawk Moth. We call a local similar looking moth "Dagger Moths" or "Birch Moths"

Ther have great camo for bark and mostly go un-noticed. 'Till one hits the bathroom screen at night and scares the poo out of you. ;-)

thumbnail.aspx
 
Upvote 0
You anywhere near Area 51 Peachy? :tongue3:

(Charlie...wouldn't that help things along a bit faster? lol)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom