fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Nikon D5200 and would like to upgrade it to maybe a D7500 or a D810or 850. I know the 850 is a workhorse and is priced s such. The D810 is nearly as good as the 850 and it is pricey as well. The D7500 is a different camera from the 810 or 850. It is a little more affordable.
I recently acquired a NIkon Nikkor 105mmmacro lens and would like to add the Sigma 150-600 contemporary lens. I could use these lenses with my current camera but the newer improvements in digital cameras makes mine look like a flip phone going against a Samsung 24!
So, does anyone here have anything to say about my choices, good or bad,
. Tell me what you use and why.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This depends on "what" you like to photograph and the amount of "lead-time" you need to capture those decisive, photographic moments. Also, how large will you want your final images to be?
I've been photographing for over 50-years using Leica, Nikon and Hasselblad equipment during my "analog" film days and since the digital age, I'm currently using a Nikon D7100 (24mp) which is DX format and a D850 (45mp) which is FX format. The Nikon DX format lenses I've been using with my D7100 include a 12-24mm wide-angle, 60mm macro, a 16-85mm zoom and a VR 80-400mm zoom.
With the D850, I use a 16-35mm wide angle (FX format), and a 60mm macro. I also can use the VR 80-400mm (DX format) lens on the D850 as well.
One of the reasons I bought the D850 was for digitizing 30-years worth of analog film negatives and transparencies and copying many of my watercolor paintings, which averaged out to about the same cost as a quality scanner.
Now, with all the above being said, the best camera I have is the one I always have with me during that "decisive" photographic moment. In my case, it has been my iPhone 12. I've cotton some incredible spur-of-the-moment images while out metal detecting and on vacations where carrying cameras & lenses were not at all practical.

All the best,
-Mark

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Polaroid Swinger. Just kiddin, fyrffytr1. Always like your pics.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General photography is what I am into. I like macro and wildlife a lot and I take pictures at car shows. I think the Sigma 150-600 contemporary lens will be my next purchase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread