What's new

WHAT COIL WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

turkeyinstrut

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Marys WV
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Whites V3I, four Eagle II SL 90's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have purchased a Whites VX3 and want to upgrade the coil, I will mostly just be coin hunting but I'm thinking about getting into relic hunting also. I am considering the 10" DD, any suggestions? Thanks in advance. David
 
I have purchased a Whites VX3 and want to upgrade the coil, I will mostly just be coin hunting but I'm thinking about getting into relic hunting also. I am considering the 10" DD, any suggestions? Thanks in advance. David

For coin hunting, you would be better off with the Whites concentric coil. I think it is 9.5". It pinpoints better and goes a tad deeper.
Gold hand.webp
 
If they had offered it when I got my V3i I'd have went with the 13" Detech vs 10"dd.

Large coils I suggest looking at the Detech SEF types. I use a 15x12 and it's outstanding in moderate park trash, and still picks up stud earrings. I rely on a sling when it's mounted.

Small coils in high trash look at the Whites 5.3 Eclipse, or the Detech 8x6 butterfly. For super dense trash the nod goes to the Whites Eclipse. Even over the 4x6 shooter from Whites.

All good to outstanding coils that I own and use.

Good luck. Good hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom