What's new

What coins are magnetic?

GA Magnet Fishing

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read that US coins are not magnetic, or at least are not anymore but may have been at one time? What about spanish coins from the 1500s or early colonial era coins *pardon my ignorance, just curious*
 
A lot of Canadian coins are magnetic.
 
1943 steel penny...:laughing7:
 
or the 1944 steel penny
 
None of the earlier Spanish coins, or US colonial were magnetic. I don't know of any pre 1900 magnetic coins.
 
Not many for sure, some foreign coins have steel in them, but it's rare. If all coins of all alloys were magnetic, I'm sure that I would be one magnet fishing nutcase. (Mabey it's good they are not). By the way GA, no ignorance involved in your post, "Curious" is how we learn.
 
The Euro cent coins are copper plated steel.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom