🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What could this be.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at a house that dates to the late 1600's. So it could be old. Metal copper or brass? The metal is very thin that's why I think it's damage like it is. About 2" long. Tube diameter about a 1/2" or less. No threads on the inside that I could see. These are all the photo's I have the Property owner wanted to keep it.
IMG_0083.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks everybody for giving your suggestions on what it could of been use for. There is a lot of possibilities that it could have been a cap, tip or topper for something. But I'm not sure for what.

Upvote 1
The flat round top pictures look very much like a lipstick tube from the 40s
I think that’s a very good possibility pepperj. The tube is a very thin metal like a lipstick tube would be.

Upvote 1
When I do a search l’m finding good examples that it could be a brass lip stick tube or a parasol top end tip for a umbrella. Unfortunately I don’t have the item. It was given to the property owner and I can only go by the pictures I have. The tube looks tapered because it’s crushed and bent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not saying it is a lipstick tube. But I'm finding better examples of a lipstick tube than a end tip. Can somebody help with examples of end tips for umbrella or any type of end tip.

Attachments

• R.7f2c22dc07063337312c0ff5915898fb.jpeg
    R.7f2c22dc07063337312c0ff5915898fb.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 24
  • OIP.hJiNivGd8YBSf7tUJjJphgHaHN.jpeg
    OIP.hJiNivGd8YBSf7tUJjJphgHaHN.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 24
  • OIP.anxjNLygwLUfTziEbQCQxgHaEV.jpeg
    OIP.anxjNLygwLUfTziEbQCQxgHaEV.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 22
  • OIP.hB-2iGj50SNprNUUWNvfgAAAAA.jpeg
    OIP.hB-2iGj50SNprNUUWNvfgAAAAA.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • OIP.9o8tSIBK5u8U1A7xFp9QhgHaG5.jpeg
    OIP.9o8tSIBK5u8U1A7xFp9QhgHaG5.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 1
Not saying for sure but thecannonballguy i think is on the right track. I was thinking top of a umbrella. The bottom is larger then the top/ A lipstick container would be the same dia.

Upvote 2
Not saying for sure but thecannonballguy i think is on the right track. I was thinking top of a umbrella. The bottom is larger then the top/ A lipstick container would be the same dia.
Gare, Thank you for your thoughts ... but I think the tube only appears to be larger on the bottom because the tube is crushed more on the bottom than the top. But I agree cannonballGuy can be right. I going back to the property today and I'm going to ask the property owner if I can take another look at the tube.

Upvote 1
Gare, Thank you for your thoughts ... but I think the tube only appears to be larger on the bottom because the tube is crushed more on the bottom than the top. But I agree cannonballGuy can be right. I going back to the property today and I'm going to ask the property owner if I can take another look at the tube.
Found this today at a house that dates to the late 1600's. So it could be old. Metal copper or brass? The metal is very thin that's why I think it's damage like it is. About 2" long. Tube diameter about a 1/2" or less. No threads on the inside that I could see. These are all the photo's I have the Property owner wanted to keep it. View attachment 2117679
It's a cane tip, I have found a number of these. But still a very cool find.

Upvote 1
I was thinking of maybe a Fountain Pen cap for some reason but cannot find anything.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back