A agatequeen Jr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Location Paradise California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 #1 First I would like to say, I LOVE THIS SITE! I am a new member, and I have been glued to the site for hours. Does anyone know what this little pot could have been used for? The size of the pot is around 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 depth of hole is around 1 1/2 Last edited: Jan 19, 2017 Upvote 0
First I would like to say, I LOVE THIS SITE! I am a new member, and I have been glued to the site for hours. Does anyone know what this little pot could have been used for? The size of the pot is around 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 depth of hole is around 1 1/2
Geradot Sr. Member Joined May 29, 2015 Messages 482 Reaction score 1,682 Golden Thread 0 Location Kamcha-Sevas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 #2 mortar Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Jan 19, 2017 #3 It looks like a small mortar to me.
A agatequeen Jr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Location Paradise California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 Thread Owner #4 I was told it was a mortar but because it is small, I didn't know if anyone had an opinion of what it might be used for. I am taking it to a class of 4th graders and I know that question will come up. Just thought you experts might have some ideas.
I was told it was a mortar but because it is small, I didn't know if anyone had an opinion of what it might be used for. I am taking it to a class of 4th graders and I know that question will come up. Just thought you experts might have some ideas.
Molewacker Bronze Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 1,541 Reaction score 2,553 Golden Thread 0 Location Yacolt WA Detector(s) used EQ 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 #5 My guess would be for grinding pigments for paint or small seeds for seasoning - Small motar - 1/2 way down page - Ancient Native American Indian Artifacts, Relics and Arrowheads - Axes & Stone Tools Page 1 Good find! Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
My guess would be for grinding pigments for paint or small seeds for seasoning - Small motar - 1/2 way down page - Ancient Native American Indian Artifacts, Relics and Arrowheads - Axes & Stone Tools Page 1 Good find!
A agatequeen Jr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Location Paradise California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 Thread Owner #6 Thank you I do appreciate the info.
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Jan 19, 2017 #7 There are small mortars as well as big ones.
A agatequeen Jr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Location Paradise California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 Thread Owner #8 Yep there are. I just didn't know what this mainly would be used for. I had some ideas but wanted more input from experienced people like you.
Yep there are. I just didn't know what this mainly would be used for. I had some ideas but wanted more input from experienced people like you.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 #9 That material looks like Pumice. Is it really light for it's size? Pumice was used to grind and polish.
That material looks like Pumice. Is it really light for it's size? Pumice was used to grind and polish.
A agatequeen Jr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Location Paradise California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 19, 2017 Thread Owner #10 It's more like volcanic and it's very dense. It has a good weight to it.