What's new

What detector to buy?

salth2o

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I am looking to get my father a detector for Christmas, but have no idea where to even start. I am looking to spend ~=$200 and he does not do much serious detecting, just the usual search for coins at the football field or for items that friends have lost.

Thanks.
 
I'd check out the ace 250. good machine, light weight, and reliable

Sniffer
 
Bounty Hounter 202 it goes down 4 feet on big items so bounty hounter clames and it's inexspencive. liftloop
 
Think he would be more than satisfied with the Ace 250.
 
Ace 250 or Tesoro silver umax. Which ever you get him, tell him to stick with it and learn the machine. My nephew is using my ace, he is a quick learner, its interesting watching someone green get started and how long it takes them to begin to understand the way different things affect the signal and VID reading.
 
SC_hunter said:
Think he would be more than satisfied with the Ace 250.

Ditto on the Ace 250
 
I also recommend the Ace 250. It is what I use, and I have been extremely happy with it. It is a GREAT detector to introduce someone to metal detecting. It is simple to use, ruggedly built, and relatively inexpensive. I've had mine a little over a year and have found over 2000 coins with it so far. It has almost paid for itself already!

HH,

Dr. Ace
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom