What's new

what detector

silver vtx

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have a BH Pioneer 202 that I have had for awhile. If you had 350-400 dollars to spend, what would be a little upgrade? Tesoro, Garrett. I live in SW Va and would use the machine to coin shoot and some relic hunting. My first post so I hope i have put this in the right place. Thanks in advance for any insite.

Silver Vtx
 
there are all kind of detectors on the market I personally like Garrett and have a GTI 2500 and love it and just bought the grand son a Garrett ACE 250 and I can't believe how well it works it has a lot of bang for your buck a place you might check with is listed below.
www.detectorNet.com
 
I think the Tesoro Vaquero is a good all around detector.
 
I also have an old bh202,and after about 10 yrs of detecting with it I recently upgraded to the fisher F5.before getting this one I considered several things most of all weight,swinging even a few lbs for several hrs is tough on my worn out shoulders. most of all get one you are comfortable with -you have to use it. got the F5 for $400.00 from mrbill at surfscanner detectors.a full $100.00 cheaper then kellyco. make up your own mind.
 
for the money you have to spend, Ace 250 and a good set of headphones w/volume control
 
Hay Silver Vtx,

I've had a BH Quick Draw II, which, I think is tha same
as tha Pioneer 202.

Anyway,

I think tha Garrett may have a little edge in tha coin department.

But in tha relic department, and tha gold jewelry department, tha
Cibola, or if your ground is worse than moderate, get tha Vaquero.
They cost a little more, but are worth tha extra bucks.

Tha 250 is tha best deal on a all around lower cost display detector.

But, I like gold and relics. That's where a display just don't do much
good. In those two areas, tha Tesoro'es have it over tha 250.

That's my opinion.

For what ever it's worth,

Tabdog
 
Used Minelab Explorer can be had for around $400.

Don't even mess with a Garrett, they are old technology and don't detect deep as often as other detectors do.

If you are wanting a true upgrade, then get the Explorer.

Go deeper, make better finds more often.

I've hunted side by side MANY brands, and coins that are loud and clear on my machine don't even register on other machines. And I'm not just talking about the 8-10" deep dimes, I'm talking about 5" coins next to iron that other machines only hear the iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom