What's new

what do i do with my ikes???

nleet22

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
162
Golden Thread
0
Location
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive picked up about 200 ikes over a few years looking for silver..i don't think they r worth anything..any key dates I should check for?? I never found a 73 or a 75 for some reason
 
75 and 76 were both the bicentennial design so you will not find one dated 75.
Common Ikes can be sold for a small premium, I've sold 2 smaller groups than what you have through CL.
 
That's a good one..I too have many Ikes.I've just held on to them through the years.Along with susan B's...Who knows when that rainy day may come..Probably best to cash them in..At least try to make some kind of interest off of them..I'm like you,I think they are just clad and worth face value.
 
Buy about $200 worth of silver...then wait for that to turn around.
 
Spending Ikes can be entertaining, you would be surprised by the number of people who don't know what they are. The look on their face is priceless, they are not sure if you are trying to scam them or if you've given them a treasure! I've even had young tellers who didn't recognize Kennedy halves and tried to give me change as if it was a dollar coin.

As I said earlier, you can also find people who will pay a small premium for Ikes, I've seen anything from $1.10 to $1.40 each.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom