What do I need to know about buying a used F 75 ?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i am going to buy a used F 75 this Fall. What are the different models through the years ? what is a F 75 SE ? Is that a current updated model ? And what is all the business about boost and stuff ? Can the F75 be upgraded somehow ? It seems like I have read where people had them upgraded. Is that so ? And what is " processes " ? Also how long did they make the camo model. Thank You.

The two people I hunt with use T-2s. I thought I would buy a F 75 just to make it interesting.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The F75 came out, the F70 came out later and that one had something called SL speed which was a precursor to boost.
The Fisher people refined that and the process for the F75 is different but it does essentially the same thing...gathers more info from the ground and gets you a bit deeper.
The feature will get you some clearer and deeper signals when you need it in the ground, there might be more noise also because so much more info is coming in.
It is a great thing to use if you are in high grass or fields with stalks and you can't get the coil on the ground to hunt.
That air gap will not matter when you get the hang of what it can do.

The LTD and SE versions have the boost feature installed, the regular F75's do not.

I usethat SL feature on my F70 sometimes, but even when I don't the F70 and the F75's without it are still depth demons.

There is also something I read about some of the newer units being built with better shielding so less chatter, but I am not sure which models or when this occurred so hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in on that.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are cautious about where you get it I don't see how you can go wrong. Just remember the F75 is a machine that will seldom if ever let you run it at max sensitivity. I use the T2 which is a brother to it. It is an easy machine to learn as far as features but takes a little getting used to, as do most high performance machines. The biggest thing that gets many of us, is trying to run too hot. If you have a test garden you will find that even with the sensitivity way down the depth is still very good. You are better to lower it to a good useable level than to constantly try to interpret the chatter if you don't. Hope to see a post of your first impressions soon. HH

Mark

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep lot's of chatter and bouncing VDI. Takes getting used to and some never do. Mine is very sensitive and will pick up my propointer on my belt. I never can run it at full sensitivity. It is deep and will pick up coin sized objects at 12".

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SE Limited is normally all black. The regular F75 have gold colored shafts.
The one I have says Limited and SE on the box.
It came with the standard and 5" coils. Each coil came with a coil cover.
It has volume control and lighted display panel.
I have no issues with EMI.
I like using the 5" coil best.
I made an adjustment error last week and was hunting coins with the power level (called sensitivity) at 4.
Found 9 coins anyway at that low power setting before I discovered what I did.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll probably get kneecapped for saying it, but if you're considering buying an F75, you could probably buy an F70 for quite a bit less and have similar technology with a different User Interface.

Both are crazy deep. Both are chatty as hell when running hot. Both take some getting used to.

But those who stick it out through the learning curve seem to love both.

I love my F70.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Processes
DE- Is standard mode. Very fast recovery. You are to swing the coil fast. That means if you have two coins buried 1 inch apart both will give separate pings. Same with coin and iron.
JE- is for Jewlery.
Bc- is for iron bottle cap. Suppose to give low grunt
Pf- plowed feild for uneven ground
BP- BOOST PROCESS. This mode you can swing coil slower. More power
Ca- cache mode. For locating deep large objects.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll probably get kneecapped for saying it, but if you're considering buying an F75, you could probably buy an F70 for quite a bit less and have similar technology with a different User Interface.

Both are crazy deep. Both are chatty as hell when running hot. Both take some getting used to.

But those who stick it out through the learning curve seem to love both.

I love my F70.

I would agree with that

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F75 has 3 modes
Discrimination- you adjust the dial to stop the unit from alerting you of the presence of lower metals starting with iron and up as you raise the numbers.
All metal static- this is like perminant pin pointing
All metal motion- this will sound out any metal with a single tone as you pass the coil over the object. It is up to you to monitor the control panel to see the ID numbers

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The SE Limited is normally all black. The regular F75 have gold colored shafts.
The one I have says Limited and SE on the box.
It came with the standard and 5" coils. Each coil came with a coil cover.
It has volume control and lighted display panel.
I have no issues with EMI.
I like using the 5" coil best.
I made an adjustment error last week and was hunting coins with the power level (called sensitivity) at 4.
Found 9 coins anyway at that low power setting before I discovered what I did.

4?

So basically these top end Fishers are so good you can put them into a coma and they still find coins. :laughing7:

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank You , your post clears a lot of unanswered questions up. Yes , I am thinking hard on the F 70 too. My hunting habits in the future will be 70% coin shooting / 30% civil war relic hunting. We have zillions of old schools and churches to hunt but the civil war spots are getting scarce so I am leaning towards a superior coin hunting detector. I have always heard the F75 is a great coin machine. My next addition to the collection be either a F70 , F75 , T2 , F19 or a Omega. It just depends on how much scrap metal I can take to the scrap yard because my budget is tight thanks to the 2009 economic collapse and paying for and still paying for three college degrees for my kids.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good info from the other posters! The F75se/ltd is slated for an upgrade in the future. It may be a software upgrade , but details have not been released. The LTD/SE added the boost process and cache modes over the standard F75.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer