What's new

WHAT DO Y’ALL THINK THIS IS????

Enquirer

Greenie
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
15
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a couple of weeks ago about 14” deep. I have no clue what it is, but I’ve been soaking it in vinegar for about 12 days. I will post some pics from the day I found it, and then from tonight. Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help provided.
 

Attachments

  • 24E219C0-30DF-41B0-B7C1-89C578CE0AB0.webp
    24E219C0-30DF-41B0-B7C1-89C578CE0AB0.webp
    637.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 03356F19-8B6E-4FB8-A611-1DD74919F91F.webp
    03356F19-8B6E-4FB8-A611-1DD74919F91F.webp
    484.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DF82A038-3CAD-4379-BBC6-95BBE67D02DF.webp
    DF82A038-3CAD-4379-BBC6-95BBE67D02DF.webp
    364.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 276505DE-5D44-424C-8861-16AC754DE0EF.webp
    276505DE-5D44-424C-8861-16AC754DE0EF.webp
    301.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 456BCA1E-1843-420F-9A18-617C19D65A32.webp
    456BCA1E-1843-420F-9A18-617C19D65A32.webp
    404.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 40EC3589-0BA7-48EB-A5DC-3DD7CDC6F160.webp
    40EC3589-0BA7-48EB-A5DC-3DD7CDC6F160.webp
    400.9 KB · Views: 84
  • A06339FE-610C-4561-82EA-E69CF4C33B37.webp
    A06339FE-610C-4561-82EA-E69CF4C33B37.webp
    520.2 KB · Views: 88
  • B4BE7CB1-C87F-4C26-9D17-5A0998F010BF.webp
    B4BE7CB1-C87F-4C26-9D17-5A0998F010BF.webp
    531.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 1EA64E53-9E49-4022-987B-ACF7285506DF.webp
    1EA64E53-9E49-4022-987B-ACF7285506DF.webp
    437.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 9514C5B3-5828-49AD-BBBC-6D3490466440.webp
    9514C5B3-5828-49AD-BBBC-6D3490466440.webp
    366.5 KB · Views: 86
It looks like a seat riser off of a buggy.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was something from a buggy for some reason. :icon_scratch:
And I don't know a thing about them.
 
Upvote 0
Hi,

the "grainy" or "strainy" appreance in picture 7 is indicative of good quality steel, or so I have been told. I have seen this in handwrought spring steels (never found out if carriage or agricutural related).

So if the seat riser for the buggy was free swinging and had also a dampening, stpring-like function, this would seem plausible for me.

Greets namxat.
 
Upvote 0
After 40-years of digging targets, my name for items like yours is, "Ahh crap!":skullflag:
 
Upvote 0
Actually very plausible that it is part of a carriage or buggy. The grounds I found it on are part of the old "Belle Meade Plantation" which actually have carriages on display there today.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom