What's new

What do you all think??? Error Nickel??

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I have never seen any coin wore this much so I thought it may be an error?? What do you all think?? ???
 

Attachments

  • CSC_0065.webp
    CSC_0065.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 374
  • CSC_0067.webp
    CSC_0067.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0
I don't think it is an error. Even a light strike of some sort would leave definitive, faint lines. There are absolutely no lines on that coin at all which implies that it is just severely worn. I agree that it is odd though. Maybe someone else will chime in who knows a lot more about it than I do.
 
engine 823 said:
I have never seen any coin wore this much so I thought it may be an error?? What do you all think?? ???

Worn, imho. Why or how I do not know, but it is consistent with wearing, not a light strike. I've seen one or two, but not many. I wonder if it was used as a moving part in a machine or stuck in a coin counter. Unknown how, but I vote for worn. But that is just an opinion.
 
De-lamination? Looks like someone peeled off the obverse/reverse.
Cool...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom