What do you carry?

Pitch

Jul 27, 2003
The site I'm working determines what I take. I always have bug repellant a small container of waterless soap and some paper towels. As for tools My detector of course, pinpointer,probe,trowel and a couple of plastic grocery bags,if I am working a cellar hole or woods dump where holes don't matter I also take a surplus entrenching tool.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
brass coin probe, electronic coin probe, tool pouch with place for coins or nail apron, stainless hand trowel, large screwdriver, plastic supermarket bags with handles, cutter bug repellant, and bandaids. Plenty of water.
20' X 20' cloth table napkin to place dirt from hole on. Easier to find stuff on cloth and easier to put dirt bak into hole. Should always use when plugging on lawns.

In car - extra set of headphones, backup battery pack, and army surplus folding shovel.

Keep bandaids on you or in your car. Some stuff you dig can will cut your fingers.? I've even had sharp crushed stone do a number on my finger. Be prepared.

good luck! HH!

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
With me:

Detector.
Batteries.
Sony over-the-ear headphones (Cloth padded, the fake leather sweats too much for me).
Extra battery pack (I've jury-rigged my XLT to run on D-cells so I carry a AA backup pack).
Vibraprobe pinpointer.
Extra 9-volt for pinpointer.
Small shovel (one of the blue-handled ones with an owl on it, the name escapes me at the moment).
Long craftsman screwdriver.
pocketknife.
Camelback water backpack (Holds my batteries too).

In the car:

Spare Headphones.
Spare batteries.
Battery checking meter (Little one from radio shack).
Sand Scoop (Plastic, to be honest i've never used it).
Comfortable shoes.

I leave my wallet and cellphone in my car (extra bulk) and just put an extra id card in my backpack (So they can identify the body, lol).

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Being a geologist by education, I always carry a gold pan. never know when water will be around to test the area. Great substitute for the lawn dirt napkin, too!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Heck!
When I "carry",? it a is stub nose .44 mag !
But!
Then, most of my? ?"T'hunting"? ? is done along the "Mex" Border!
Or!
Way, way back in the "Boonies" !
I have been:
1...?? :o Shot at once!
2...? ?>:(?Had to "Pull leather" once!
3...? ?:-\?(waiting to happen!)
Anyone else had a "hairy" experience(s)? ???

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
well i am in the communist state of chicago ...oops i mean illinois and am not allowed to legally carry a gun!It must be nice to live in a state where there is less violent crime then Illinois!Im ready to move to the U.p of Michigan!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
It ain't that bad Mike, I'm working crack house & hooker home yards around here. Once they talk to me, they know I'm good to go. Besides, they still talk about the days when I was the neighborhood enforcer.... But that's another story.

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
Tim, i understand what you are saying,but lets face it ,all it takes is one idiot to ruin your wife and childrens lives!just one!
by the way i think i am the new king of pull tabs LOL,pulled 16 out of the ground last night!LOL
one was still attached to the dog style beer can !found a park in spring grove along the nippersink was the land of an old farm,so i am going to find the old plat for it and see if i can find us the locations of the original buildings!it dates back to 1873 and when i did a quick survey of the area i picked up lots of hits and do not believe anyone was there with a detector before as i pulled out a an old beer can burried in the middle of the park!

L

long_gunr

German E Tool
Probe
Sifter
Sm. Trowel
Extra Battery
Taurus M65 3" .357

J

JBEIA

In parks or lawns: Screwdriver, Digging tool, brass probe, plastic probe all rolled up in a military tool wrap(made out of canvas it also serves as cloth for dirt) and a nail pouch for good and trash, headphones, and merlin pinpointer.

Woods: Small craftsman shovel, bug spray, bottle of water, nail pouch, headphone, pinpointer, and extra batteries. Also have a weedcutter in the van if needed. Since I live in Iowa never had a need for a gun...farmers take care of anything big enough to kill livestock.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
JBETA:
Even if the "Farmers" take care of anything large enough to kill the livestock.
You might want to consider:
1.. A? ?:P "rabies"...
? >:(? AND!
2.. Two legged varmints!? >:(

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Fairbairne-Sykes British Royal Marine Commando dagger, Pakistani copy of same for digging in the ground. Lorcin .380 auto throw down. Used to carry a .38 snub with a modified Dutch load (instead of hardball and hollowpoints - l used wad cutters and birdshot rounds for the snakes) - that worked no matter what snakes I had to deal with. Prefer revolvers because they might misfire but they never jam. Just pull the trigger again. I once was searching a Death Valley ghost town with a detector in one hand and the revolver in the other. I came around the corner and ran face to face into actor Neville Brand. He was one of my favorite actors. I apologized because I thought I was alone but he took off before I could ask for an autograph. LOL. He staged a tactical retreat not a mindless route. I think he got some medals in World War Two. Brave man and a great character actor. He played the nitwit on the series Texas Rangers so he was a great comedian too. He was also on some trucker show but I forget the name. Exanimo, SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread