What's new

What do you do when you crh quarters and get canadians?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you do when you crh quarters and get Canadians?

This is not good since Canadians quarters are less than canadian quarters.

Do you take the loss and just keep the Canadians?

Do you tell the bank?


I think is a risk we all take when hunting quarters.

Is like if you hunt for halves and get Clad worthless balboas.

Darth Walker
 
Upvote 0
Sorry wanted to say Canadian Quarters as less than American Quarters.

DW
 
Canadian dollar is about the same as the US dollar right now if not a little more. That's what saw last week at the exchange rate. You haven't gotten a loss.
 
Stop hunting quarters.
 
I have a canadian collection, I keep some of them based on condition. The canadian and US dollar are about equal right now anyhow. U can also trade people for canadian coins if they want them. Not a bad idea to keep them, some canadian coins have errors also, and not many people know which ones to keep. Some of them are very valuable, just depends.
 
That's why they make wishing wells. :laughing7:
 
Right now (3/22/10 11:42pm EST)

One American Dollar equals $1.0177 Canadian

Sure doesn't buy much :'(

By the way my daughter picked up 2 rolls of quarters the other day so I went through them and 1 roll had 10 Canadians in it.
 
They go into my Canadian roll collection...
 
Like someone else said put it back in the roll. Unless you are planning to go to Canada and then spend it there.
 
Same thing I do with the canadian dimes, give 'em to the kids. Sometimes I may get two to three dollars worth out of a box.
 
I spend therm. Many places will take them if you give them one in a trasnaction. So if I buy a big gulp for $1.07, I give them $1 and a canadian quarter. They give me 18 cents back in change. I get rid of it, and it is in their hands then, and they do with it what they want. Normally give it to the next person that comes in and gets change. And on it goes. :-)
 
Darth Walker said:
Sorry wanted to say Canadian Quarters as less than American Quarters.

DW

You relize that you can modify your post ... Right? But bieng a bank vice president you probably alredy knew that huh?

Mojo
 
silvestor said:
Right now (3/22/10 11:42pm EST)

One American Dollar equals $1.0177 Canadian

Sure doesn't buy much :'(

By the way my daughter picked up 2 rolls of quarters the other day so I went through them and 1 roll had 10 Canadians in it.

Or you can express it this way.

Canadian Dollar = 0.9839 US Dollar's
 
In answer to the question.

Being across the river from Windsor and Sarnia I get way too many Canadian coins in my dime Nickle and quarter rolls. I save them up and my neighbor takes them to Casino Windsor on his frequent visits. I of course take a loss..........

Fast food restaurants don't fuss over a single coin here & there but I end up with over $50 in Canadian coin just about every time he makes that monthly trip. It would be difficult to pass off that much.

I do occasionally get $2 coins when i purchase Half dollar bags off of certain counting machines. so i actually make out on those. and often find Canadian coins in the coin returns at the coinstars and reject slot at my dump banks and in the trash can next to them..... So I still do OK.

Mojo
 
Mojo,
I'll bet you get a fair share of Canadian Silver too.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Mojo,
I'll bet you get a fair share of Canadian Silver too.
HH
Rich

I wish you were right Rich, fact is I have found very little Canadian silver.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom