What do you make of this gold lead?

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a creek in Eastern Washington near where I live. A friend of mine told me that he was there swimming once and he met a guy who seemed like from his description was using a dredge/highbanker setup and getting gold out of the creek. He said the guy had gold. The thing is that this is not in gold country. It's all basalt pretty much except for a few layers of sedimentary rocks down in the canyon and I also found a small piece of white quartz, very unusual for the Columbia Basin to see anything but basalt. Anyway, there's no claims that have been recorded as being there and I can't find any mention of mineralization in the area. I panned a little there once but didn't come up with anything, then again I had never found any gold at that point so maybe there was gold but I didn't see it. So does this seem like something worth following up on or not?

Upvote 0
Wetsuit, snorkel, mask, bucket, pan, classifier, gasoline, hey what have you got to lose? I heard the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine was moved to Victorio Peak by Aliens. :occasion14:

Basalt is volcanic. Those pesty volcanos bring up all kinds of stuff from down deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back