What's new

What do you say if the teller says the have already been searched???

Fruitbat

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
You say "That's ok I'll take them anyway"

That what happened to me today. Teller said she had $110 in halves that had already been searched. I decided I would take a chance.
I found:
2x1968
3x1964
1x1952 Benji
1x1972 Proof
2x2002

I'll go thru their left over rolls any day!!!
 
Upvote 0
They could have said that because they knew there was silver in the rolls, but maybe they didn't have the opportunity during their hectic day to search them.
 
Some tellers don't realize that there were silver Kennedy's and many do not realize the 40%'ers, but the Benji most liekly was missed by the searcher or placed there by a different teller.

I search for errors and I am quite certain that the tellers don't cherrypick those, so I buy them all anyway. Only had a couple of instances where I am certain that the coins were searched. In one case I found a proof coin and I believe a couple of post 2001s and in the other I can't remember for sure but I think it may have been a skunk.
 
mountainman 2 said:
I'd want to know what they were searching for. How could they miss the bennie.Nice bunch of keepers fruitbat.Out of curiosity, was it the tellers that searched them or were they brought in by someone who said they searched them?

They teller said that some one had brought them in a couple weeks ago and they had already been searched. I thought that maybe someone had pulled all the silver out, but left some goodies like the post 2001, 1987, etc. Whoever searched them didn't do a very good job.
 
I take them anyway. Usually they are skunks, but the tellers usually want to get rid of them so that they don't have to count them. I figure it might score me a few points. I have run into situations where I get a bunch that were searched, but then a few rolls that were not.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom