What's new

What do you say when you go to pick up coins?

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
When I go to my pick up bank, I usually say, "Hello. Yes, um, I came here to pick up my nickels"

That sounds rude. Any idea how to say it differently?
 
Upvote 0
Coins4Cheese said:
When I go to my pick up bank, I usually say, "Hello. Yes, um, I came here to pick up my nickels"

That sounds rude. Any idea how to say it differently?
That statement would be considered proper here in the US where rude is normal, lol.
Seriously, I see nothing wrong with that or, "I'm here to pick up my order of coin."
 
It is better than hand over the money or give me my money. :dontknow:

Golden Silver
 
I can tell you what not to say, " Hi, I'd like to buy some rolls of nickels. And by chance if you ever get any old coins can you hold them for me because they have silver in them and are worth a lot more than face value. I go bank to bank searching for these coins but don't tell anyone. It will be our little secret."
 
I don't think that that sounds rude.

Good advice Scooba. I never say silver. I say that I collect dates and mintmarks, and that I'm still looking for the elusive '87 (when it comes to halves). When buying rolls of nickels, it's always buffalo nickels and dates. With cents, I'm lookin' for wheat cents.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
"Put your hands in the air and step away from the alarm....." ;D
 
I walk in and say in a loud and authoritative voice: "This will only take a moment of your time!" LOL. I just want them to know I'll be quick! ;D ;D ;D
 
I just tell them I want to purchase all coins that they have in the building. Usually they can scrap up 2-3K worth in a few minutes.
 
"Put all you coins in a bag, NOW! .....and I'll pay you for 'em!"
 
Well I don't mention the word "Change" if you know what I mean by that! Nor do I EVER EVER EVER mention the word SILVER.
 
Uncle O sent me over to cull all your silver, please hand it over. I will exchanged these worthless slips of paper for them. Have a nice day.
 
Good Morning, My name is Rich Hartford and I was hired by the bank to check on your customer service. By the way do you have any half dollars? :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom