What's new

what do you think?

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be junk could be more? Our attempts at cleaning this did not fair well. The item came out of the ground in 3 pieces. The other 2 pieces kinda just crumbled away but had the same blade like shape I will take pics of what is left when I get back to my dads. The item was found in the saltwater flats where I have found civil war relics before.
 

Attachments

  • md 001.webp
    md 001.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 282
  • md 004.webp
    md 004.webp
    27 KB · Views: 274
  • md 005.webp
    md 005.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 281
  • md 006.webp
    md 006.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 282
Me thinks you need to set your iron mask a little higher. ;D

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I can definitely see a "Bowie Knife" shape to it but that thing has a long way to go before it can be IDed 100%. I certainly would have brought it home with me also. Good luck and if nothing else you are getting some good electrolysis practice.

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
txkickergirl, at least your find looks like a knife. Check out my my spanking new pocket knife I dug yesterday, speaking of electrolysis :-X :-X
 

Attachments

  • pocket knife2.webp
    pocket knife2.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0
thats just it the sov has iron discrim. This thing has steel in it.
 
Upvote 0
It is interesting that the "rust" associated with the iron has a different response pattern than iron. It actually gives a pretty good signal. So you can disc iron but the rust will fool you.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
txkickergirl, at least your find looks like a knife. Check out my my spanking new pocket knife I dug yesterday, speaking of electrolysis :-X :-X

It looks more like a pocket turd. :tard:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom