What's new

what do you think?

rivernomad44

Full Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
can somebody help me id this? thanks everybody 211.webp212.webp213.webp214.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a tool. PM me your phone # and I will send you a few pics of mine I have found. My pc doesnt have a upload spot for pics. I got some interesting items made in quartz.
 
Last edited:
Got a couple like this from buggs isl. virginia and yorktown area, usually broken blades, points, or tools, they used alot of rough grain quartzite for tools around me and this stuff was more easy to brake...
 

Attachments

  • image-4187827711.webp
    image-4187827711.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3046892230.webp
    image-3046892230.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2074885761.webp
    image-2074885761.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1131573004.webp
    image-1131573004.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3470758829.webp
    image-3470758829.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 89
GTK96 said:
Got a couple like this from buggs isl. virginia and yorktown area, usually broken blades, points, or tools, they used alot of rough grain quartzite for tools around me and this stuff was more easy to brake...

Buggs island! That's my stomping grounds! Your's too? Lots of history there!
 
That stone is very very hard to knapp. I am no professional, but in my humble 52yr study of all things indigenous made of stone, I would say that those points are what a knapper calls "platforms". They are formed when you strike the other side. The only reason the work is not more evident to the eye is because of how the stone breaks. You cannot even hear treat it.

Now do not get me wrong - I am a complete amateur and only have experience hunting and getting stuff papered. But it looks touched by man to me from those pictures.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
NC field hunter said:
Buggs island! That's my stomping grounds! Your's too? Lots of history there!

Vacation there every year, only found this but it was fun, and sone guy gave me some he found, ill put them on later
 
Here ya go
 

Attachments

  • image-2887372246.webp
    image-2887372246.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3110551773.webp
    image-3110551773.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2836853954.webp
    image-2836853954.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2056106309.webp
    image-2056106309.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3681117936.webp
    image-3681117936.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 94
Some call that debitage which is left over pieces from making tools and points. Usually if they were made and used as tools you really cant see it by a pic on your comp. You just have to use a loop or a scope to really see it on quartz unless it has been well used. I have seen this type of artifacts found all the way from Ga to Pa in the USA. I believe it is Cherokee and thanks for the view of them. HH rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom