What do you want in the next Tesoro Models?

As long as this is a wishlist: :thumbsup:
(1) Auto-extraction button. One push and finds are pulled to the surface unscathed and cleaned.
(2) Auto-identification button. One push and objects are optically scanned and identified.
(3) Auto-annoyance button. One push at user's discretion and annoying people are repelled safely without incidence or malice.

Tesoro Introducing New Machine for 2014!!!!!

From the Tesoro Facebook Page:

There’s nothing more important to us than you, our loyal customers. We’re gearing up to produce a new machine, and we want to involve you in the process. We’ve already begun to ask what you’d like in a new machine and now we want your opinion on selecting a name!

Please choose a name from the list below (one vote per person). Be sure to share this post with your fellow hunters so everyone can have a say! The most popular name will be released in January of 2014. Thank you in advance for your valued input, and happy hunting!

Cazador
Banshee
Eclipse
Ghost
Espanto
Hornet
Jaguar
Kodiak
Racavar
Paladin
Patriot
Raptor
Rogue
Sentinel
Solace
Storm
Tigris
Vayascar
Viper
Wraith

Tell Tesoro what you want in a new machine right here!

I have a better name than any of these. The new Tesoro Buscador. That translates to treasure seeker or searcher. I think it's got a nice sound to it.

I have a better name than any of these. The new Tesoro Buscador. That translates to treasure seeker or searcher. I think it's got a nice sound to it.

I agree, Buscador is probably a better name than any of those. I also had a bunch of names posted in another thread, Coronado and some others, many of which I also like better than these suggestions. "de Plata" (of silver) would be a good name for a silver-finding 3-5 kHz machine.

If they name it Viper, Banshee, Sentinel, or Raptor, that's when I become a Garrett user. :laughing7:

And definitely don't name it Rogue, they already have the Outlaw. Going with 2 of those types of names might cultivate the image of metal detector users as rogues etc.

I hope they don't have their mind made up already, but it looks as if they do. Tnet is probably the biggest treasure hunting site on the Internet, but I didn't see them really looking for input here.

Never considered a Tesoro because I luv my LCD display!!!!!! In keeping with Tesoro names i'd say Tigris

I like Rusted Iron's suggestion of Coronado

Last edited:
The Tesoro Black Fox ! Named for a mystical , powerful extreme warrior considered to have super natural powers , The Cherokee Chief ! No region is more loyal to Tesoro than the south east relic hunters. Early Minelabs and Nautilus would not work in our extreme mineral soils. People were wrapping their Fisher 1260's around trees when The Inca hit the scene ! True Story ! New Hope Georgia 1983 !!

Don't go off the deep end! That's way too drastic! :laughing7:

LOL :laughing7:

edit: thanks, Floating_Adrift. I do really like the Spanish names for Tesoro metal detectors... makes me think of the Spanish silver which I *WILL* find one day with one.

roaddust66, Black Fox is not a bad name either. A little more refined than Viper or Banshee (etc.) .

Last edited:
I'm going to add some more to this. Terry , I have been completely out of detecting since the mid 90's. I knew nothing of the new type machines until a month ago when i went hunting with guys who were using Minelabs. it was hot and all of us were not not using head phones. We always use phones but it was really hot. The Minelabs were making a racket like I had never heard. Highs and lows whistles all kind of wild sounds going on. At the end of the hunt , the guys asked , doesnt your machine have low tones for iron , I said no. had never heard of such a thing , then they commented that i didnt have a meter either , I said , Ive never looked at a meter in my life ! They , well ours give a number and went on to explain. Anyway , I bought a F-2 Fisher for my wife and for me to learn these new things and I like it. Actually I was planning on buying an Fisher F 75. I have hated Garretts since the 70's and I can't make myself buy a AT Pro because f bad experiences 30 years ago. So tell them i want the four tones , I like the ideal of the four tones and I like the ideal of the numbers. So build us a Tejon with multitones and a screen !

I'm editing to say what i dont like garretts. I saved for a long time in the 70's when I was making $125.00 per week , so I saved up to buy a Garrett Deep Seeker. It went deep okay ? But the Fisher 553D and Fisher 555D had discriminators that worked great and would kill that Deep Seeker in discrim. Then I bought a Fisher 1260. I gave it to my wife and bought an Inca and never looked back. And when the 1265's came out ?We stuck with the ElDorados and tore those 1265's and 66's up bad ! Through the 80's and 90's Garrett was a joke among civil war relic hunters.

Last edited:
Glad to hear Tesoro is coming out with something new. Something different, with tone and visual id. Hope it is a success!

However, from the list of names, there is not much there that is of Spanish origin, like most their previous models. Too bad, it would be nice to stick with tradition.

I had already sent in a name and what features I wanted a couple of months ago.
Something to compete and blow away the Garrett AT models and call it the Cazador (means Hunter).

Last edited:
I'm going to add some more to this. Terry , I have been completely out of detecting since the mid 90's. I knew nothing of the new type machines until a month ago when i went hunting with guys who were using Minelabs. it was hot and all of us were not not using head phones. We always use phones but it was really hot. The Minelabs were making a racket like I had never heard. Highs and lows whistles all kind of wild sounds going on. At the end of the hunt , the guys asked , doesnt your machine have low tones for iron , I said no. had never heard of such a thing , then they commented that i didnt have a meter either , I said , Ive never looked at a meter in my life ! They , well ours give a number and went on to explain. Anyway , I bought a F-2 Fisher for my wife and for me to learn these new things and I like it. Actually I was planning on buying an Fisher F 75. I have hated Garretts since the 70's and I can't make myself buy a AT Pro because f bad experiences 30 years ago. So tell them i want the four tones , I like the ideal of the four tones and I like the ideal of the numbers. So build us a Tejon with multitones and a screen !

I've used Minelabs for quite while (love 'em), but I really don't think Tesoro should try to be like them. Digital signal processing collapses a lot of information that can be contained in an analog signal. It replaces that information with (actually) less information, even if that new information is somewhat easier to read. There are some Minelab-type features that would be nice, but I wonder if they could be done without turning the whole machine into a square-wave / software-based unit. In other words, would it still be a Tesoro when the dust settled.

Since there's already a Fisher F75 and a Minelab Explorer / Etrac / Xterra, there is no point in trying to make another one. Nobody else makes machines like Tesoro. Not saying VDI and tones would be all bad, but what I see happening is a lot of people who already own other machines just want Tesoro to be like every other machine. Something doesn't make sense there. Not you in particular, but I've noticed there are a few users who seem to have made it their personal mission to turn people against analog style detectors. The fact that it doesn't work *for them* does not mean it doesn't work for *me*. I guess what I don't like is when someone works to limit my product choices, because they think I'm necessarily going to want to make the same choices they would.

I could go around telling everyone to dump digital, and yet digital will still succeed, because it's on the offensive. The same is not true for analog technologies, which are just as good for many things (if not better), but they do not have as many people to espouse their virtues to the world.

EDIT: By the way roaddust66, I hope my post didn't sound dismissive toward your thoughts on this. The Fisher F2 and F75 are sweet machines. So yeah, I hear ya.

Last edited:
I had already sent in a name and what features I wanted a couple of months ago.
Something to compete and blow away the Garrett AT models and call it the Cazador (means Hunter).

I could see Cazador and Buscador being two different models with some overlapping features, kind of like an AT Pro and AT Gold. Just don't make it look anything like those or have soft touch buttons or menus. Knobs and switches are the best!!!

EDIT: sorry for the new post... forgot to edit the old one and put this with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back