What's new

What does it go to? May 1975 Calender made of metal. tiny...thing.

RyanOShea

Full Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
155
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any idea what this little thing was ment for? Its a little metal calender from May 1975. I found it today, deep in the depths of the wet muck at a local park. It was folded up. As you can see from the creases. And gave off a signal like a copper cent. Its made of a metal, god knows what. And I can't think of what on earth. Anyone would need, or use a tiny metal calender for. Its Copyrighted 1965. And has a patent number. So. I am assuming these things may have been around for a bit and used for ????
So, anyone from the 70 remember these? And can tell me what this was used for? Did they come in packs?
One side is exactly the same as the other. Only, one side is gold. And the other is silver in color. I put it next to a silver penny for size reference.

Thanks for looking. Again. Curiosity has gotten the best of me. And I wont rest til i know what it was used for. Other than the obvious. So no smart assin. I know its a little calender. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • maything.webp
    maything.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 288
  • maything2.webp
    maything2.webp
    46 KB · Views: 252
That is a watch band calender.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02651.webp
    DSC02651.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Yes, Taz is right on the spot - watch band calendar. I think some watches/bands were made to hold them (from what I can recall) and I believe they were made of aluminum. I found one once too from the 70's ;) I didn't realize they still made them. Interesting piece of relatively recent history!
 
Upvote 0
taz42o said:
That is a watch band calender.

I'll be. case solved. Never heard of them before.
It all makes sense now.
Thanks to both of you for the response. Best of luck out there.
-Ryan
 
Upvote 0
Erik in NJ said:
Yes, Taz is right on the spot - watch band calendar. I think some watches/bands were made to hold them (from what I can recall) and I believe they were made of aluminum. I found one once too from the 70's ;) I didn't realize they still made them. Interesting piece of relatively recent history!
Ya know, it all makes perfect sense. it is interesting.
Its why I love this hobby.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom