What's new

What Does This Symbol Mean? UPDATE!

gemee

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
296
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Can you tell me what organization that this stands for.
 

Attachments

  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    8 KB · Views: 592
  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    8 KB · Views: 572
  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    8 KB · Views: 601
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

I think it's someones initials as a monogram.

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

Means you need a better camera. :D

Sorry about that. Don't know what it means but better pics would help. :)
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

AU24K said:
I think it's someones initials as a monogram.

Scott

Probably is that. In case it isn't, ave you tried to rearrange the three letters in every order and see if it might be a fraternity? (can't tell if that is a c or a g though)
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

Sorry about the picture, but I am taking it directly off of eBay and it is blurry on eBay. This is not my item, but one that I am bidding on. I have actually seen this symbol before, and I believe it is to a fraternal organization. I guess I will just have to win the item and go from there.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

There's an "E," an "L" and a "G." Not sure what order they are supposed to be represented in...

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

AU24K said:
There's an "E," an "L" and a "G." Not sure what order they are supposed to be represented in...

Scott

yeap, so is it:

ELG
EGL
LEG
LGE
GLE
GEL
???

I'm guessing LEG.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

looks like a fraternity
 
Upvote 0
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?

Acronym Definition
ELG Early Learning Goals (education)
ELG Export-Led Growth
ELG Endoluminal Graft
ELG Effluent Limitation Guideline
ELG European Liaison Group
ELG Equal Life Group (depreciation method)
ELG Entomological Livestock Group
ELG Executive Level Group
ELG Engineering Log Generator
ELG Enhanced Landing Gear (US Army Apache helicopter)

Acronym Definition
LEG Legal
LEG Legislative
LEG Legislator
LEG Legato (music: In A Smooth and Gliding Manner)
LEG Legal Department (International Monetary Fund)
LEG Legionella Pneumophila
LEG Leggett & Platt, Inc. (stock symbol)
LEG Library Education Group
LEG Logistical Expediting Group
LEG Legal Extension Group
LEG Liquefied Energy Gas (natural or petroleum)
LEG Landesentwicklunggesellschaft
LEG Local Emergency Generator (engineering)
LEG Late Error Gate
LEG Logistic Evaluation Group

GLE Grade-Level Expectations (education)
GLE Greater London Enterprise
GLE Graphics Layout Engine
GLE Grand Lodge of England
GLE Ground Level Enhancements
GLE Gran Logia de España (Spanis: Great Lodge of Spain)
GLE Glencairn Gold Corp (stock symbol)
GLE Great Lakes Energy
GLE Grade Level Equivalent
GLE Goal Line Extended (Lacrosse)
GLE Goose Lane Editions (Canadian publisher)
GLE Gtk+ Layout Engine
GLE Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
GLE Grand Luxe Executive (automobiles)
GLE General Law Enforcement
GLE Global Leadership Education
GLE Grey-Level Expansion
GLE Globalized Localized Expert
GLE Grand Lake Entrance (RMNP)
GLE Geneva Lakes Executives (forum)

EGL Enterprise Generation Language (IBM)
EGL European Gemological Laboratory
EGL Elegant Gothic Lolita (Japanese fashion)
EGL Energy Grade Line
EGL Eagle Global Logistics, Inc. (Houston, TX)
EGL Engineering Global Leadership (University of Michigan)
EGL Equipment Guide List (Navy PPP based curriculum development)
EGL Equipment Guide List
EGL Electro-Galvanizing Line
EGL Emory Genetics Laboratory
EGL East Gate Laboratory
EGL Embedded Graphics Library (native platform graphics interface)
EGL Environmental Geotechnics Ltd

Just GOOGLE Acronym, then the letters with a space in between each letter. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Ok,...I received this bracelet today (an eBay win for 29.00) and I immediately knew that some of you were correct, in that it was the owner's initials. But surprise, surprise.......what was supposed to be an old "brass bracelet", turned out to be a VERY OLD 14K (acid-tested by me) braided chain bracelet, and the hanging charm appears to be a US gold coin on the reverse. Is this in fact a minted gold coin, because on the intact side, there is no date?
 

Attachments

  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 381
  • ASIbraid1.webp
    ASIbraid1.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
By the way, THIS below was the photo in the auction (and YES OLD gold can and does tarnish);
 

Attachments

  • braid2.webp
    braid2.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0
So my question again, WHAT kind of gold coin is this? This bracelet itself would date to the late 1800's, and the coin was probably added when fairly new. It is a shame about the hole being drilled in it, but I can live with that.
Would the date had been on the erased backside?
 
Upvote 0
gemee said:
By the way, THIS below was the photo in the auction (and YES OLD gold can and does tarnish);
Very cool but what low Karat gold will tarnish?
 
Upvote 0
The bracelet acid tested to be 14k. I have had antique karat gold in the past, that came to me very darkened and tarnished. People are generally not aware that old karat gold can tarnish. Most does not, but some can.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • gold coin1.webp
    gold coin1.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 461
  • gold coin2.webp
    gold coin2.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 410
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Thank you!! I just wish that it had been bezeled and not drilled, but you can't have it all, I guess.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 000_3256a.webp
    000_3256a.webp
    59 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • love token enameled gold.webp
    love token enameled gold.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 300
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Wow! Nice score! Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom