What find are you most proud of?

i would have to say the 1781 spanish half reale. i almost passed out when i realised what it was!

8)

Attachments

• SLOT_MACHINE.jpg
    SLOT_MACHINE.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 199
Mine is because of the research and how it paid off...found an old postcard of an old amusement park. The amusement park is long gone and turned into housing for part of a college, but I noticed in the background of the old photo the rollercoaster ran along a set of woods that are still there. I went in the woods and found old remains of the cables that held up the coaster framework. There was a stone wall separating the new college area from the old woods and you could tell the woods had not changed at all (big boulders, old trees, etc.). I started detecting the woods and within a small area just 6 ft or so by 10ft. I found a 1908 Barber half dollar, several silver Washington quarters and several Merc. dimes. I surmise these either flew out of people's pockets while on the coaster or were dropped by workers or people going to the bathroom in the woods. Cool stuff!

hey jef,, what a find,, not many of them laying arround you can bet,,

Bergie,
Thats a cool story.

mine would be my x terra 50,, i found not long ago ;D

I'd have to say the gold class ring I found and was able to return to the owner who had lost it 3 weeks after buying it. Her tears turned me into an old softie. ;)

My wife Kay says I couldn't find my butt with both hands, but I found it last night with only one hand, so there!? But that is not my favorite find.? It's an old broken Keen Kutter Santa Fe Railroad switch lock I found at a site where a RR track use to run. It just intrigues me.? My second best find, well.....I already told you about it! Sorry no pics of #2.? Monty

I've found allot of neat jewelry for my wife but the thing I like the most is this hood ornament from a 1929 Pontiac.

Attachments

• 38287514.indianhead.jpg
    38287514.indianhead.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 156

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back