What's new

What happen to this coin...

Akaky

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just curious - what do you guys think happened to this coin. The reverse is shiny like a proof, the rim is shiny like a proof but the obverse has been destroyed. Is there a way to get a coins to have a proof like shine?

This was the only half-way interesting coin in yet another box of skunks. Where oh where did all the silver go?

J
 

Attachments

  • DSC03134.webp
    DSC03134.webp
    89.1 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC03135.webp
    DSC03135.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC03137.webp
    DSC03137.webp
    166.6 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
I thought it was something like that - didn't really think anyone would do that to a halve.

Thanks guys

j
 
If you stick with this hobby, it's possible to find chromed, gold, annodized, and so on, I have kept a few of those for conversation....and I've found chromed (silver), and gold-plated dimes. Really cool! FFD
 
Chromed, like a car bumper. Then it fell off and got run over by the tires. heeheehee.

I haev one chromed. And a few gold (Just the color, not the real stuff). Just what people do at times.

Oh, and i have one of kennedy smoking a pipe. ANyone else get one of those? :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom