What's new

What happens when you turn a box of coins in?

santafeboy

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
596
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Reason I ask it seems the silver finds are getting fewer and fewer I usually dump several $500 boxes a week in B of W and B of A dump banks mostly I dump the clear rolled plastic dimes ( nice and fast to search) Question do the people at the coin boxing place unwrap these when they are sent to the boxing point like they do with paper rolls and then throw all the coins into a counter wrapper machine ? I always ask for sealed boxes of coins however Im wondering if Im starting to get my previous searched rolls back I have gone from averaging 2 to 4 and as many as 20 silvers in a $500 box of dimes to 1 in every $1500 which makes this largely worthless
 
Upvote 0
More than likely the boxes of dimes stay at the branch and are handed out to merchant customers.

HH,
65GT350
 
65gt350 said:
More than likely the boxes of dimes stay at the branch and are handed out to merchant customers.

HH,
65GT350

I agree GT. Therefore, though you can see through the plastic, you (likely) increase your chances of finding keepers "downstream" by unrolling them and dumping them as loose coin "upstream".
 
I've dumped dimes before and it depends on the branch. If they are a busy high volume branch, they will give the coins out to merchants. If they have too many on hand or are a low volume branch, they will send them off to be processed, counted, repacked. Most dumps get opened up and counted and packed again. Over time, dumps just get mixed in with other coins in large bins to be wrapped.
 
hello there, ive heard that loomis/brinks/garda/dunbar etc., has to unwrap the coins and reroll, but sometimes some hand rolled coins will end up in a sealed box of coins wrapped by a pro rolling place, because they r too lazy to reroll them haha.
also, is there anyway u could post a picture of one of your boxes of dimes, and wat the wrappers look like? ive heard of $500 dollar boxes of dimes, but never seen any. thanks in advance. keep it up and hyh!
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
hello there, ive heard that loomis/brinks/garda/dunbar etc., has to unwrap the coins and reroll, but sometimes some hand rolled coins will end up in a sealed box of coins wrapped by a pro rolling place, because they r too lazy to reroll them haha.
also, is there anyway u could post a picture of one of your boxes of dimes, and wat the wrappers look like? ive heard of $500 dollar boxes of dimes, but never seen any. thanks in advance. keep it up and hyh!

Out here at BofA in my area. They have $500 Brinks boxes of dimes. I don't have a picture since I usually get rid of the box right away to another bank nearby when I pick it up. It's nothing special. It's like those penny boxes that are square with no holes. It says $500 dimes on it in green. Believe me, there's nothing special about it. All the wrappers inside are clear plastic. Wells Fargo in my area uses $250 boxes but the clear wrappers are the same.
 
65gt350 said:
More than likely the boxes of dimes stay at the branch and are handed out to merchant customers.

HH,
65GT350
I just turned a box of Dimes in that i went thru without opening rolls and found nothing...and i asked if i need to throw it in the counter and she told me no..and that she was low on them anyway and started restocking here counter with my coins..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom