What's new

What have I done to deserve this ...............

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
I was cruisin to one of my spots the other day, had kashmir pumpin out my alpines, had all day in front of me I was excited. I knew I was going to come home with something. Parked, got out and headed up the hill like I owned the world. Fast forward 10 minutes and I am soaked with sweat, hittin my inhaler, 20 or so mosquito bites tallying up (had at least 100 before I left). half hr in i get to digging. it only got worse from there this is all i could pull out in the short time i lasted. the pc with clams is pottery I'm gettin too old. brokes the story of my life. maybe i should just be like you cornfield sissies .
blades.webpscraper.webpbrokeadena.webppotteryclam.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was cruisin to one of my spots the other day, had kashmir pumpin out my alpines, had all day in front of me I was excited. I knew I was going to come home with something. Parked, got out and headed up the hill like I owned the world. Fast forward 10 minutes and I am soaked with sweat, hittin my inhaler, 20 or so mosquito bites tallying up (had at least 100 before I left). half hr in i get to digging. it only got worse from there this is all i could pull out in the short time i lasted. the pc with clams is pottery I'm gettin too old. brokes the story of my life. maybe i should just be like you cornfield sissies .
View attachment 644874View attachment 644875View attachment 644876View attachment 644879
Yeah, I am probably going to continue being a cornfield sissy, tried some digging this morning and my back is warning me to take it slow. I have never had a good back so we will see if I am able to do much of it at all. Maybe I should try one of those big dorky-looking belts. Even though they are broke, nice finds.
 
:laughing7: I know what you mean I've been diggin points for little over 20 years rarely go in a cornfield, dug wild herbal roots for a living more than 10 years, and there always seems to be something needin dug around the house like fence posts drainage along the driveway etc , im sick of diggin (kinda) once you start though its hard to stop. walkin cornfields is sounding pretty good lately though. Actually I have walked a few this spring. may have to hit some streams too. don't think i could do the dorky belt though :laughing7:
 
At least us "cornfield sissies" bring home some very nice artifacts and not broken junk. lol
 
i would have done more damage with a shovel,lol.
 

Attachments

  • phone pi 373.webp
    phone pi 373.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 480437_3310230969095_1667744344_2792136_208785211_n.webp
    480437_3310230969095_1667744344_2792136_208785211_n.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 103
I don't use a shovel, it just don't work out

DSCF0018.webp
 
wow nice hands... I feel your pain brother. the mosquitoes in florida will carry you away and I don't use a shovel either.

ForumRunner_20120613_105159.webp
 
I would call that a decent day. I wish I could be a cornfield sissy, Haven't got permission to hunt any fields around here yet. The only digging I have done was here on our property in a pile of dirt created when we cut in our driveway. Did get lucky with these two finds.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_8341 (487x800).webp
    DSC_8341 (487x800).webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_8345 (471x800).webp
    DSC_8345 (471x800).webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
nice little scraper hope you find somewhere to hunt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom