what have U used that works well on flour G

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
I'm in the U.P. of Michigan and wonder what you have used, that works best on flour gold, we have a lot of black sand with some real find gold, dredges or high bankers brands?for the streams. found a little gold in the tailing's from one mine, not impressive, a buddy found another mine and crushed some tailing with fools gold, when panned said he got a decent amount of gold out of it, there is going to be a big mining boom here in the next couple years, one company is trying to get its permits now, many people fighting it but if it goes through, i think many companys are waiting because of the new Michigan regulations. the first company is set up for 6 more mines in
Marquette and Baraga countys, another one here in Menominee is doing a lot of test drilling, a buddy [cop] talked to the drillers an was told this mine will be one of the biggest gold strikes in the states in a long time, but its under a popular lake, camp and camping area, anyways I'm planning on hitting the streams with the continued searching the woods for the old mines and gold

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grentlemen, as I mentioned once, with a table, simply place a sheet of thin plastic covering the surface attached to, and above the inlet side.. It floats upon the surface and all micron etc. gold which is now under it will be forced to the bottom for collective action instead of simply floating off with the surface trension of the water. It increased our operating efficiency to the point that it alone, paid the basic operating expenses simply from the recovered fines which were going to the tailings..

Don Jose de La Mancha ( el mexican gambasino)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your talking of a dampener of some sort right?

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
Eu_citzen said:
Your talking of a dampener of some sort right?
Yes Eu, that was my understanding of what I read. Placing a thin sheet of plastic on the upper end of a shake table with the water and ore material running under it would break the water tension or surface tension and cause the smaller gold to settle and not be carried to the tailing pile. That is a good useful tip. Needle :)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Needle I know very well what a dampener is. ;D
I have heard that it is effective though never tried it.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don: I think he was referring to equipment. But a warning should be issued when Torching Black sand as some has TOXIC ORE in it which can be a serious problem if you want to stay healthy. :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread