What's new

What headphones work well with the fishers?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2017
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
4,595
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wondering what you guys like to use for headphones.....I was considering the grey ghosts. Little research I've done shows they all give off different reports due to the ohms? Thanks for any input!
 
In the hot months and places where I need to be alert to my surroundings I use a cheap $5 pair. Otherwise I use black widows. I can run them wireless now, or at least not tethered to the detector.
 
Thanks Loco!

Everyone else just uses their speaker? Lol
 
I have a pair of DetectorPro Black Widows for serious work and a single earpiece Rattler (also DetectorPro) for when I also want to keep aware of what is going on around me. I use the Rattler 80% of the time..
 
Grey Ghost's are nice but I love my BLACK WIDOWS, but depends on weather.
 
I ended up getting a pair of the koss qz 99's. I got big ears, and they have big cups. Comfy for sure....but big, and bulky. I'm sure they're warm in the summer too. For 25 bucks on flea bay I can't complain. Signals sound nice and clear. Definitely picking up more faint signals, but simply because they are designed to block out the noise.
 
I use the Deteknix Wireless Headphones W3 on my F75. I will never go cord again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I use the Deteknix Wireless Headphones W3 on my F75. I will never go cord again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone says this once they go wireless. I need to try it out. The cord on the koss unit is LONG. I can set my machine down and stand up while having plenty of cord to spare. Can still be a PITA though.
 
Everyone says this once they go wireless. I need to try it out. The cord on the koss unit is LONG. I can set my machine down and stand up while having plenty of cord to spare. Can still be a PITA though.

I'm telling you HighVDI $89 and FREEDOM!!! We have thick woods here in La. and there will be no way I could even make it through with the cord.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If you are going wireless, I'd recommend the Garrett system since it will run for up to 30 hours on a charge.
 
I'm telling you HighVDI $89 and FREEDOM!!! We have thick woods here in La. and there will be no way I could even make it through with the cord.

You have room to swing a detector but not walk with a headphone cord?

How have we managed for 40 or 50 years? ;-)
 
I mean technology does help things out......40 years ago I wasn't even a thought....lol. you're showing your age! J/K. Every hunt I find myself with some choice words Im directing at the headphone cord, haha.
 
Just run the cord under your shirt collar and out the sleeve bottom.

a47laguna.webp
 
Lol! I bet they still work! That's when they made things to last.
 
You have room to swing a detector but not walk with a headphone cord?

How have we managed for 40 or 50 years? ;-)

Our woods in the summer you do have little room to swing, so yes if you have a cord hanging it gets snag up easy. Don't that make sense. And as far as MD'ing 40 or 50 years ago I don't even know how they did it without a pin pointer! I have total respect for the old timers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Our woods in the summer you do have little room to swing, so yes if you have a cord hanging it gets snag up easy. Don't that make sense. And as far as MD'ing 40 or 50 years ago I don't even know how they did it without a pin pointer! I have total respect for the old timers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why we still find stuff...:happysmiley:
 
Rattlers and Sun Ray Pro .... Nothing else
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom