Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
DJ_Quinn said:
Thanks badger. I know Michigan is really hard hit, it's my home state. Not much good news from back there lately.

Michigan is awful. In 60 years I've never seen it like this. Almost every day another factory shuts down to move to Mexico or the jobs go to China. It's that "giant sucking sound" (Ross Perot).

I wonder if this country will wake up in time.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ashleen, that is amazing!

I've tried time after time to get out the books and learn different constellations.
Seems I end up just being outside in the evening looking up at the stars!
Oh, I've learned a few, but not much to speak of...

Sorry Badger. It's not just Michigan.
Things are just gonna slow down and settle in.
Before they slow down even more.

Share your time between the model trains and the garden.
The trains will run off a rheostat and a battery.

This place has a sensible presentation.
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/Index.html

Best to all for Thanksgiving!
I'm lucky to have a project going, the client will be out of town for the holiday, and I'm taking best advantage of it!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MPTank.jpg

its a little expensive but id settle for a hug 8)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Ashleen, now that's what I call a Long Range Locator. :wink:

MB, never did have an HO set but did have the old wind up Marx engine w/tin cars. A few drops of 3 in 1 oil and the engine blew smoke. (shade of the Ghost of Christmas past). :(

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
that i find someone to treat my son's chronic Lyme disease.......

AMA doesn't recognize the chronic part so insurance won't pay for any treatment after the initial 3 week course of antibiotics...doctors will not even treat as they could have thier license's revoked....already happened to 7 doctors in N.Y....don't know what i'm gonna do....can't bear to see a 24 yr. old man who's joints ache so bad he can barely make it up the steps...now he is starting to have heart issues along with chronic fatigue, light sensitivity, migrains, short term memory loss and confusion...right now he has a port in his arm that leads to his heart...he has to self administer antibiotics everyday...this is the prefered course of treatment but anyone who has been cured had stayed on the treatment for 3-4 months...they want to take him off after 1-month and "see how he feels".that means the port comes out.....if it doesn't work...then what?
sorry about the rant...thanks for letting me vent
George

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
mistergee said:

AMA doesn't recognize the chronic part so insurance won't pay for any treatment after the initial 3 week course of antibiotics...doctors will not even treat as they could have thier license's revoked....already happened to 7 doctors in N.Y....don't know what i'm gonna do....can't bear to see a 24 yr. old man who's joints ache so bad he can barely make it up the steps...now he is starting to have heart issues along with chronic fatigue, light sensitivity, migrains, short term memory loss and confusion...right now he has a port in his arm that leads to his heart...he has to self administer antibiotics everyday...this is the prefered course of treatment but anyone who has been cured had stayed on the treatment for 3-4 months...they want to take him off after 1-month and "see how he feels".that means the port comes out.....if it doesn't work...then what?
George

:'( I can't even imagine how hard this is for all of you. Vent anytime my friend and know we do care and will keep you and yours in our prayers. You would think they would have more options for this and I am sure you have researched til your eyes are crossed trying to find new ideas as well. Hang in there! ~hugsnprayers~

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
stoney56 said:
Ashleen, now that's what I call a Long Range Locator. :wink:

MB, never did have an HO set but did have the old wind up Marx engine w/tin cars. A few drops of 3 in 1 oil and the engine blew smoke. (shade of the Ghost of Christmas past). :(

It's time you got a nice big O gauge setup (like mine) that will fill the whole house with smoke in about half an hour. :thumbsup:

I'm gradually taking over the basement and my goal is the whole house. I'd like train cars with display cases mounted on them to hold my digs. The wife says "get real."

Some people just lack artistic flare! :tard:

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
mistergee said:

George

George, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure things will work out, hang in there and all the best!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thank you Cynangyl...your very sweet
yes i have researched my butt off...the best i was able to do was to find out there are doctors that will treat but won't take insurance as the insurance co. won't pay for it if the AMA doesn't recognize it...and you have to go through all this "underground network" just to find them as they are at risk of losing thier license if they do treat you....they also found that the medicine for Fibromyalgia (another disease that at one time wasn't recognized) has helped and even cured people of Lyme...yet because the medicine was not developed for the treatment of Lyme..the AMA will not allow doctors to prescribe it for anything except for Fibromyalgia.
used to be that i held doctors in the highest esteem...they cared for you and about you...they checked on you from time to time to see how the treatment is going or not going...they spent as much time as necessary with you trying to find a way to make you better....nowadays you wait 2 hrs. in thier office for a measley 5 minute consultation and your out the door with a prescription...half the time they have to go over your records just to see what is wrong with you and what they prescribed the week before....your lucky if they remember your name....
my father is the Director of Pharmacy at Hahnemann Hospital in Philadelphia...one of the better hospitals on the east coast and when he says "i feel sorry for anyone who gets sick enough to end up in the hospital" you know something is wrong...whatever happened to the hippocratic oath?...used to be the doctor answered to you and you alone...now the doctors listen to the AMA and the drug companies
its a sad state of affairs when the people who are caring for you have to answer to people who don't give a crap about you and are only worried about how much money they are spending on your treatment and how much money they can make on the drugs they are giving you

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Have hope George, your son is going to be fine.
Thanks again DJ...alot of times i feel like he isn't going to get better and there's nothing i can do about it....worst feeling in the world watching your loved ones suffer and not being able to do anything about it...then i recieve the kind, heartfelt responses from people who don't even know me and it gives me the strength and hope that one day we will find an answer...Thank all you guys from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and prayers and giving me the support i need to fight the good fight
George

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Sorry MB...didn't mean to hijack your post.... and thank you for invoking people to sit back and think about what is really important in life...i think most realize that there are more important things in life than an x-box or a bike or toys...thank you for reminding us of that :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mistergee said:
Sorry MB...didn't mean to hijack your post.... and thank you for invoking people to sit back and think about what is really important in life...i think most realize that there are more important things in life than an x-box or a bike or toys...thank you for reminding us of that :thumbsup:

I'm always glad when people hijack my threads because it usually means they will take a turn for the better.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A large 4x4 that gets 60 miles to the gal. Used is ok.
I only want to find half my 17 tons of gold. Someone else can have the other half.
I'm not greedy ;D

Now, what do I really want. Peace of mind.

And a happy Christmas for all my friends local. And all my Tnet friends.

Clayton :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread