What's new

What in the world is this??

Freemindedclark

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
372
Reaction score
669
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
20170929_011249_HDR.webp20170929_011241_HDR.webp20170929_011204_HDR.webp20170929_011155_HDR.webp
It is about the size of a soda can in length.
 
Upvote 0
Yep, 'fraid so.
 
Another of natures amazing creations.
 
Like others said natural I'm sure there's a technical name for the concretion build up , sometimes I'll bring one home for the rock garden ..... I have found a few that looks like a white shoelace crisscrossed the entire length that looks pretty neat but just natural
 
I just thought it to be weird that the whatever it is wraps all the way around and appears to be tied on one side.
 
It looks to be an inclusion sometimes rocks will have quartz running through them. The black flint here will have from time to time white quartz lines running threw it. I think I have a point that shows it. Think the white is on the left of the point.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10400.webp
    SDC10400.webp
    332.4 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom