What's new

What in the world?

Coin Stalker

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
330
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Was out in the woods detecting today when I came across this it is heavy like lead maybe... I have never seen anything like this :icon_scratch:.... Maybe some of you experienced MD's can help
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0112.webp
    DSC_0112.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC_0111.webp
    DSC_0111.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0110.webp
    DSC_0110.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC_0135.webp
    DSC_0135.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 450
srry just posted a comparison pic....
 
Upvote 0
Some sort of plug :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Has a similar shape to the Caps in the pic :icon_scratch: These are for a small cal. Pinfire handgun, maybe those are for like a shotgun :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3153.webp
    IMG_3153.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_3153.webp
    IMG_3153.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
If it's lead it isn't part of a gun I wouldn't think. Either try to scratch it or test it with a magnet. I don't have a clue, but someone else might? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Ok so I tried an earth magnet on it and it stuck to it a little but it was not strong, I looked all over it for and kind of writing couldn't find any thing.... :icon_scratch: :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Almost looks like a cable splice/holder. In old timey engines they had cables with a ball on the end that would fit in the slots and be held by spring pressure.
The piece usually fit through a throttle linkage and the cable was just inserter in the slots.

Al
 
Upvote 0
It looks like it is a cap for the end of a rototiller handle. Is it cast? What is the size?
 
Upvote 0
Yup it is brass I just cut into it a little :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom