Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
af1733 said:
TreasureTales said:
I prefer Red whine with Cheddar cheese - and in lieu of that, a good hunk of jerky with a Pepsi. See, it's easy to keep me happy. But then I have no spouse and no children who swipe my batteries. ;)
Gotta disagree with you here. Jerkey? Yes! Pepsi? No...... Dr. Pepper, nectar of the gods. ;)

Dr. Pepper is OK............if you are 10 and need a sugar rush. ;D ;D Hey, just don't tell me you drink Mountain Dew. That stuff has become the nectar of the meth heads.
I definately don't "Do the Dew." That stuff's swill. Coke and Pepsi just taste too acidic for me. Plus Texas and New Mexico are huge Dr. Pepper areas, so you can get it anywhere. The Dr. has a nice mellow fruit taste, and wakes me up a whole lot better than coffee in the mornings. Of course, when it's 15 degrees out with a windchill 30 degrees below that, you get a few stares ordering a big icy fountain drink. ;D

On the by and by, have you ever tried Dr. Pepper hot? It sounds insane, but it's actually quite tasty, kinda like a sweet tea.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
No, I've never tried the Dr. hot, but I have heard it's good. I actually prefer Dr. Pepper at times, but I must admit I try to buy American and I heard that Dr. Pepper is owned by Cadbury - British. I tend to be fanatic on "Buy American." LOL Do you know why the Dr. Pepper logo is a clock with 10,2,4? You have to be a real fan to know the answer to that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

I think we've hijacked this thread - naughty, naughty. ;)
Ideal times to drink the Dr.! I think the slogan was "Drink Yourself a Snack" or something similar?

Hijacking threads irks me!!!! ;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
Wiki says the 10,2,4 was originally associated with a version of poker and Dr. Pepper used that reference to ask customers to drink it at 10,2, and 4. So you are mostly correct. Texas was the birthplace of both Dr. Pepper and popular poker games (Texas Hold 'Em, for example), so I can see why the company would want to have a popular game associated with their product back in the beginning.

Apparently Dr. P is not available in all 50 states. There must be millions of folks who have never tried it. It's not often offered in vending machines here, guess they don't pay enough to get included. Anyhow, it's all a matter of taste. When eating jerky I want something to keep my salivary glands from drying out from all the salt. Doesn't have to be Pepsi, could be ginger ale, Coke, Dr. Pepper, or beer - it's all good. ;)
Very true. I have family on the east coast and have all kinds of trouble finding Dr. P out there, but that's no problem since there's Yoo-Hoo all over the place. :D

As far as jerky goes, you're 100% correct. Water, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper. Beef jerky goes with everything.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a another thing that irks me sorry ME I know its not detector related but, when I go out to eat and I want sweet tea and they look at me like I'm crazy!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd drink anything depends on how cold or hot it is if I'm just thirsty or washing somethin down but what ever I like it strong Hic! ;D
And I don't know what a well done steak is.

Alright now I'm hungry :D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
mental granny said:
And a another thing that irks me sorry ME I know its not detector related but, when I go out to eat and I want sweet tea and they look at me like I'm crazy!

Well, real tea drinkers don't want it sweet. Just as real steak eaters don't order it well done. Is sweet tea just tea with sugar in it? I've really not heard that term before. If I want sweet tea, I add honey or sugar. Or is there a type of tea that tastes sweet? I usually only drink black tea, not the raspberry type or anything like that. I'm a tough treasure hunting gal, afterall. ;D ;)
Just walk that Porterhouse through a warm room, honey! Anything over medium is overdone. ;)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainly found in the south, but the sugar alot of it is so disolved you dont get the gritty,suger particals, its just smooth, you can get it at Wally-world the brand around here most common is Red Diamond, there is Arizona too I"ve not tried it.

But I drink it with out sweet if its fresh enough like sun teai

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you pm somebody and they don't respond back ???

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yeah, I get that sometimes.

The price of gas REALLY irks me!!!! So does the cost of batteries!!!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
mastereagle22 said:
people who hijack other's threads irk me! ;)

People who get irked because their threads are temporarily hijacked irk me. ;)
People who get irked at someone irked by a hijacked thread irk me........

The word irk irks me....

Irk irk irk irk irk irk irk irk.....there, now the word doesn't even make sense...... ;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
I cannot prevent your irkability, although your irkability really irks me and to be so irksome is irking me. :P
It's irkiosity, some have it and some don't. If you let it irk you to the point of total irkation, it's completely irktastic. 8)

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
People that cherry pick all the quarters and dimes and leave all the pennies and pulltab/nickels really get on my nerves.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mastereagle22 said:
People that cherry pick all the quarters and dimes and leave all the pennies and pulltab/nickels really get on my nerves.
No doubt, but look on the bright side! They probably left the gold and the deep stuff.

I'm actually guilty of that myself, sorta. When I hit a park for the first time, on the first several trips I'll set the XLT to coin mode and get all the easy stuff, then slowly back off the discrimination on subsequent trips. Helps to make sure I don't spend tons of time on each trip digging.

S

stefen

What erks me is when some people will PM asking for the precise location of an important site and then get pissy when you decline to disclose anything.

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Listening to 8th graders ..... fighting over an empty swing.
*sheesh*
Oh .... and by the way ..... thats only when I'm detecting at a park-like setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread