What's new

What is a good GPS unit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mbrolin
  • Start date Start date
M

mbrolin

Guest
I'm interested in getting a GPS hand held unit for assisting me in THing. I was wonder what a good brand/model would be for this. Thanks
 
depends on how much you wantto spend on a GPS unit. But, in reality they are all basically the same, just more bells and whistles on the more expensive models. A basic Magellan unit will do nicely for you and they are realatively inexpensive.-walt
 
Which models do you consider the low end? I'd be willing to pay up to 300 for one. Would it be a good idea to buy one off ebay? Thanks
 
Etrex Legend and Etrex Vista are both good. Legend can be had for under 300 and Vista might be able to get it at 300. I bought mine off of eBay without problems and use it often. A good way to learn the ropes with it is to check out www.geocaching.com and play there for awhile. The Magellan sportrak series are also good....

D
 
I have purchased 2 GPS's off ebay with no problem. A good unit for on land is the Magellan sportrak they are on ebay also.
 
ok, Thanks for your Help, I'll research those 2 GPS models

Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom