What's new

What is it ? in my basement.

drewan29

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
293
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
This is our first house and I found this in the basement it has a lid on it and it's about 10 1/2 to 11 inches wide. There is a bucket in it right now that I can't get out it's like a milk or water bucket. My dad thinks that it might be a old well but what do you think some thought that it maybe a sump pump drain. The house was built in or around the 1930's. Any idea's ?
Thanks in advance,
drewan
Here is the photobucket link.
http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff398/drewan29/
 
Yup, but to be on the safe side I would send mlayers a PM, he's an expert in this area :icon_thumleft:
 
I have found a few of these over the number of years very possible a relief for hydrostatic pressure under floor. Just add sub pump. Are ther any old cracks in floor?
 
onfire said:
I have found a few of these over the number of years very possible a relief for hydrostatic pressure under floor. Just add sub pump. Are ther any old cracks in floor?
no it looks like the cement floor was put in in the 80's maybe 90's. there are drains in the floor though if that helps any.
 
I am not the expert on this. I told the guy I lived there for 12 yrs and never found my basement......Matt
 
mlayers said:
I am not the expert on this. I told the guy I lived there for 12 yrs and never found my basement......Matt

Oops, my bad :tongue3: :laughing7:
 
mlayers said:
I am not the expert on this. I told the guy I lived there for 12 yrs and never found my basement......Matt
LOL I read your post on that and laughed my @ss off.
 
That is what we call a sump crock here in Michigan.
I can't tell from your photos but there should be a 4 inch tile or plastic pipe that drains the foundation on the inside of your home so the basement does not flood.
 
In some communities, it is illegal to let sump pump or invasion water run down the floor drain, since it adds to sewage water treatment costs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom