What's new

What is IT???

CrustyClad

Full Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 9x12 coil
Found this piece at about 7" not sure what is. Could be a piece from a lawnmower and it also seems to be brass.... :icon_scratch:

I guess its either a part to a automatic sprinkler or it is a tractor part? :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0001 (800x682).webp
    DSC_0001 (800x682).webp
    83.5 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0002 (800x741).webp
    DSC_0002 (800x741).webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 312
Though I agree this item seems to fall along the uses of some sort of throttle, pull mechanism, I don't think it would be off a lawn mower or any such yard device. Within the relatively modern age of such equipment there are other cheaper substitutes for making the same mechanism, such as plastic and pot metal. Being made of brass I would guess it to be something that was used on a device much older. Or at least a something that was a part of heavy equipment where strength and reliability is a must. What that would be I wouldn't have the slightest.
 
Upvote 0
Choke lever for an old tractor?
 
Upvote 0
it looks like some sort of brass throttle lever --the wire would go in the tiny hole from the lever to the choke --the larger hole would be where the attachment screw would hold it in place at .(the levers "pivot point" )
 
Upvote 0
Throttle governor off some stationary engine. The larger hole is the pivot point, the small ear is the adjustment tab, and the small hole is the return spring.
 
Upvote 0
Zephyr said:
Probably goes to an automatic sprinkler.
Think Zephyer hit it. The flat paddle is what disrupted the water and the small hole held the spring.
 
Upvote 0
people always get mad when I dig up there sprinkler system :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom