smartmoney Full Member Joined Dec 4, 2011 Messages 115 Reaction score 8 Golden Thread 0 Location Lower Hudson Valley Detector(s) used Etrac, Whites V3i Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 9, 2011 #1 I am not sure what this is...its the size of a dime. Its made of lead and was found along with one piece buttons and musket balls. Attachments 008.webp 37.3 KB · Views: 913 010.webp 37.6 KB · Views: 918
I am not sure what this is...its the size of a dime. Its made of lead and was found along with one piece buttons and musket balls.
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Dec 9, 2011 #2 Lead seal. What does it say? Attachments lead seal before attached.webp 33 KB · Views: 881 lead seal before attached.webp 33 KB · Views: 862 Upvote 0
Breezie Gold Member Joined Oct 3, 2009 Messages 6,278 Reaction score 2,120 Golden Thread 1 Location North Carolina 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 9, 2011 #3 Yeppers, BCH is spot on . . .it's a lead seal. Nice find Breezie Upvote 0
smartmoney Full Member Joined Dec 4, 2011 Messages 115 Reaction score 8 Golden Thread 0 Location Lower Hudson Valley Detector(s) used Etrac, Whites V3i Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 9, 2011 Thread Owner #4 I am not sure what it says....but there is a crown on it. How old are these? Upvote 0
duggap Bronze Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 2,056 Reaction score 1,053 Golden Thread 0 Location Chattanooga, TN Detector(s) used Tosoro Bandido Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 10, 2011 #5 I have found them with dates of the 1850's on them. Upvote 0
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 11, 2011 #6 Lead seals can date back several hundred years. This one most likely dates to the same time frame as the other items you found on the site. I don't know when they stopped using them, but I don't find them at 1900s sites. Best Wishes, Buck Upvote 0
Lead seals can date back several hundred years. This one most likely dates to the same time frame as the other items you found on the site. I don't know when they stopped using them, but I don't find them at 1900s sites. Best Wishes, Buck