Capt. Brad
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 19, 2009
- Messages
- 73
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Chesapeake, VA
- Detector(s) used
- White's MXT Pro, White's TDI

Yep, its a buckle brooch. If I could find my 1909 Sears Roebuck catalog, I could show you a few similar examples. Its around here somewhere. I have seen them with or without tintype. http://www.etsy.com/listing/22259876/vintage-brass-belt-buckle-brooch-withCharlie P. (NY) said:As a W.A. guess, perhaps a scarf pin that's supposed to look like a buckle; as when worn around the waist?![]()
I have these in my 1909 Sears & Roebuck. My guess is late 1800's- early 1900's. Most of the ones I have seen are without a picture. If I find the book Ill post a pic. I have even seen these clipped to ribbons...Tigger said:Cool, I'd never heard of these. I googled images of "buckle brooch" and there are a lot of variations - what do you think, bigcypresshunter, would this be a plain (non-photo) one? I'm guessing the prongs would've covered a picture up too much, plus not much place on back to hold one? This one's pretty simple - would it be pre-Victorian, or just less expensive version of Victorian age?
