What's new

What is it????

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One figure has both arms up and the other has one arm up and one down if that has any meaning I'm not sure......thanks for any help
 
part of a hour glass,with the glass and sand gone????
brad
 
Upvote 0
.......
 
Upvote 0
All I can figure is a small ash tray stand or end table that might have sat next to someone's recliner.
 
Upvote 0
That sounds about right
 
Upvote 0
That is a card table for the moai.

.... and that joke will make a lot more sense if you know that "moai" is the name for the statues on Easter Island. :laughing7:

I've actually seen the one in the British Museum. It is very impressive!
Would look great in the front yard.
 
Upvote 0
It looks to be hand carved, hard to tell what type of wood it is, possibly walnut or Malaysian mahogany?
What's interesting is the carved figures and the carving on the top aren't centered in the middle of the table, they're both off-set. :icon_scratch:

Being only 22" tall, my thoughts are that it's a tourist piece, possibly intended as a plant stand or for a garden statue.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
It's all one piece of wood.....I had a chance to think about it after I got it and wasn't working lol.......and I came up with it maybe being some type of sundial with the figures arms telling what way to face being east and west
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like a hand carved stool, the carvings on the seat look polynesian maybe... Couldn't find a match online.
If it's antique collectors pay lots of money for original pieces.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a hand carved stool,

African carved figural stool.

65594541_1_x.webp
 
Upvote 0
Paul McCarthy and Michael Jackson... Would Say...Ebony and Ivory!

At least Ebony.

I too believe it to be African Art Deco...Carved in African Ebony.


African art.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom