What's new

What is it????

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m guessing this is some kind of wooden foundry mold????? Measuring 9 inches in height 8 inches in diameter and smaller circle measures 5 inches in diameter. Nothing comes apart
 
the pics are a little off color so I can't be sure. The metal looks like brass, so I'm going to say a brass anvil of some sort. Possibly for jewelry
 
Upvote 0
It’s all wood
 
Upvote 0
Could be an old pattern (or part of one) for mold making as you suspect..
 
Upvote 0
cheese press ?
images
 
Upvote 0
Lol
 
Upvote 0
Milliner's mold (AKA hat block). I think yours is for making "pillbox" hats. They were made popular in the early 1960's by Jackie O.

il_fullxfull.1907516161_p924.webp Kennedys_arrive_at_Dallas_11-22-63_crop_headshot.webp

I guess she was still Jackie 'K'(ennedy) in the early 1960's...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
456
Replies
2
Views
201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom