What's new

What is it

Lala76

Greenie
Joined
Jun 18, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the river, it's smooth all over except in one spot. I had originally posted in a different forum and though I had posted it here as well, but apparently it didn't post here.
 

Attachments

  • asset (4).webp
    asset (4).webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 259
  • asset (3).webp
    asset (3).webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 260
  • asset (2).webp
    asset (2).webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 275
  • asset (1).webp
    asset (1).webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 260
  • asset.webp
    asset.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That looks like battering evidence to me. It was used to crush or pulverize something--like a pestle. I'd say it's a naturally shaped piece that was found and used as a pestle.
 
May be naturally formed, but I agree that it could've been used as stated above. The tapered end could've even been fitted into a socketed handle like a celt and used to beat hell out of something.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom